Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I had kept Angel from going up to the second floor in our home. Mostly because it was easier to keep an eye on him and housebreak him. Also, because the cat hides under the bed! Well, over the last 3 months we let him go up "at will." Of course, he barks at the cat under the bed!! She has plenty of places on high to go, but prefers under the bed. Angel does not like the squirt from the water bottle, so if I spray him for excessive barking, he would rather run under the bed next to the cat - than get sprayed!! She, (the cat) does nothing, but growl at him! Maybe occasional hiss. But she has never swatted at him!

Well, twice this week, she has come down to the living room!! Monday evening, he was in his crate and she came down, next a chair I was in and looked at his crate curiously. She was there about 3 minutes before he realized she was there. Then that was it, the chase was on! Well, last night she came down again. Only this time, I was on the sofa with Angel asleep in my lap. She came right up to the sofa, put her paw up slowly and was thinking about jumping up next to me, but decided to turn and walk to the kitchen. He woke up and again the chase was on! But boy, what progress!! Maybe some day they will actually be in the same room, on top of the furniture, instead of underneath it!! lol.

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
It takes time! My two chis will never snuggle with Huly but they do play. Huly thinks it is fun to trip them. They torture each other but Huly is scared of no one and nothing!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts