Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all i would like to know of some grain free dog foods that aren't that high priced.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Taste of the Wild is by far the best grain-free bang for the buck :) Second is probably the Fromm grain free foods price-wise, followed by Acana. But TOTW has a lot of flavors and all are grain free, and decent quality foods...we feed our big dog 1/2 Acana and 1/2 Taste of the Wild :)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Definitely Taste of The Wild! Here, we can get the small (I think it's 5lbs??) bag for $10.99... which is comparable to even the crappy brands like Iams. So any time I meet anyone who feeds one of the worst ones, I can recommend the TOTW as it's not only 10x better but also cheaper!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I second Taste Of The Wild. I order a 5 pound bag for $10.99 off of amazon and it lasts Penny almost 2 months. (I have prime so free shipping!) She eats the High Prairie bison and venison flavour....this is the only food I have found that she happily eats.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Kee,

There is a local pet store here (Mounds) that markets their own
brand. It's really cheap, and the ingredients are good.
It's like generic foods, made by a national company and packaged with the stores brand name.

I don't know what local pet stores there are in your area, but check around
and see if they offer their own brand of grain free food.

I know you have a lot of mouths to feed - this may be a good alternative if you can find it.
:)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Sparkles used to be on Taste of the wild. I switched her to Blue buffalo grain free months ago. It is reasonable and far better. Chanel is on it too!

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kee,

There is a local pet store here (Mounds) that markets their own
brand. It's really cheap, and the ingredients are good.
It's like generic foods, made by a national company and packaged with the stores brand name.

I don't know what local pet stores there are in your area, but check around
and see if they offer their own brand of grain free food.

I know you have a lot of mouths to feed - this may be a good alternative if you can find it.
:)
Thanks everyone.And Jazzman you realize i have 6 mouths to feed lol.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Sparkles used to be on Taste of the wild. I switched her to Blue buffalo grain free months ago. It is reasonable and far better. Chanel is on it too!
See I don't like Blue Buffalo at all, their track record is worse as far as recalls and whatnot go, and I've heard few dogs do really well on it...I'm glad it works for your little one though :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts