Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am bringing Penny, our second chi home next Monday and I wanted to have a wet food on hand just in case. We are switching her to Orijen from the Chicken soup puppy food,but since she is tiny I may feed wet food as well for a while. Does anyone know of good wet foods out there( preferably grain free?). I used to feed Lion Blue Buffalo Wilderness wet food along with his Orijen but i am not sure how great that food is. I can't seem to find an analysis site for wet foods.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I feed raw but we do keep canned grain-free stuff on hand to freeze in ice cube trays and give as treats for our dogs.

I like Merrick Before Grain; apparently they just changed their canned formulas that used to be 100% of one kind of meat; to being 96% and adding other things to actually make it complete and balanced on its own as a diet. So good for people who want to feed it as a staple! We just got the last can of the 100% Tripe for our dogs that one of our petstores had; hope they like it!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I"d definitely recommend ZiwiPeak if you can find it. Doesn't give icky side effects other wet foods do. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts