Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello there,

I am indeed new and I wondered if anyone could please advise on the potential friendship of a 4yr old neutered male dane and a smooth coat female Chi?

Would a pup be to fragile around a Dane? Max is very gentle with all small things (rabbits, puppies) but would it be a ridiculous concept as I am seriously considering this. I have also read that Chi's can be aggressive towards larger breeds. (we rescued a Greyhound that unfortunately had to be returned as it was very aggressive towards Max - I don't think he could stand another episode like that!)

Also, at what age should a Chi pup be acquired? ie how many weeks?

Excuse my ignorance but I'd appreciate any assistance.

many thanks.

Elise and Max

Scotland

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
never bring home a chi pup under 8 weeks, but the preferable age would be 10 weeks old.
as for how theyd get along, so long as there neer left alone together (just because of the shere siz and general clumsyness of a dane i wouldnt let the dane and the chi lose together while your not there (give the chi a specific room if your danes already used to running free) but otherwise it works, chis think there the size of a dane and danes think there the size of a chi...

im actually in the process of looking for a dane to add to my little family!

·
Registered
239 Posts
If you don’t want aggressive chi, please take a look on the parents (genetic in chis it’s a very important factor).

I had a big dog with a small dog…big dog sometimes stepped on the small one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts