Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jake went for his final check at the vets and the vet is more than pleased with how Jake has got through surgery twice and healed better and quicker than expected.

Jake is also in the pool now for his Therapy and has one session left, I am pondering on paying for more sessions but then may not as he does look worried when swimming even with his life jacket on.

I have him swimming on video so as soon as I get aorund to it I'll post it.

I also got told by the therapist that when she spoke to my vet that the vet said "I don't usually like small dogs but threre is something about Jake that I love"

When we went for his last check up the vet made a huge fuss of Jake and even said hello to Jake before me :D

I just gotta get Jakes weight down now.

Deme x

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
What wonderful news.. Jake has been thru two serious procedures, and obviously done even better than expected... Way to go handsome boy! I am so delighted for both of you.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Glad to hear Jake is doing so well. Zoey has swim therapy twice a week for her knee that was repaired in July, she HATES it still, but will soon be having her other leg repaired so will have to continue it on. It really has helped her heal well.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Cant wait to see the video! Glad hes doing well

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jake goes once a week for his swim, and the look on his face is so sad.. he just wants his mummy. When he is swimming in a straight line he looks worried but seems quite relaxed and swims really nicely, when he has to do a half or full circle he panics and kicks frantically to get back to me..

He has 4 x 1 min swims with long rests in between, the next session they are gonna reduce the time between swims.

I am still debating on whether to continue or not as its not for exercise as he gets 2 hrs every day running around at the stable and his back legs have healed very well.

Its £200 for 10 sessions so not really expensive but its £200 I don't really need to spend.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I'm happy to hear he is doing much better! I know how worried you were about him.
Cannot wait to see the video.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts