Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered these harnesses for the dogs for the summer, from BaxterBoo. They're sturdy but lightweight, easy to put on (velcro closures,) dry in a wink (Tango likes to play with the sprinkler and hose in the yard) and very well made. I really like the BaxterBoo site, their customer service is top notch, shipping is fast, returns are easy, and all the products I've gotten from there have been good quality. Anyway, for those of you wanting a lightweight harness for the summer, you might want to try this one. They come in a variety of colors and sizes and I recommend them.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I have just been looking at harnesses. It occurred to me that I have no idea what we will do once we begin taking the girls out to potty. Our boy could be let out with no harness or lead, pottied while we stood with him and pranced right back up to the porch. These 2 wild girls would be 6 blocks away!

I want something easy to get off and on for our quick but frequent trips out.
I'll go check them out. Thanks!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Those are my favorite harnesses, I have several. It was the 2nd harness I found for Yoshi when he was younger and I was hooked :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I like the idea of the velcro fastener, I have a harness for Daisy she loves getting into it, but hates taking it off as it is all one piece and slips over her haed.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Very cute! They look very comfortable.

I just ordered a new one for Bailey...wanna see?? lol ok I'll show you!
Adorable Puppia Dog Harness Mesh VIVIEN PINK - S, M, L | eBay

i was looking at those harnesses myself, thinking of ordering either the purple or the red :) . i dont buy the ones that velcro closed because Tootsie is pulls when i walk her ( i know , i didnt train her right, but oh, well ). those puppias with the ruffles and bow are so pretty!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I love it too! Very cute! The girls need different harness when we go to the park vs when we go to the river. Because the river harness is black so I don't care if it gets dirty. They need a cute one on the days we don't go to the river hmmmm It's hard finding cute harnesses!

·
Registered
768 Posts
i like these harnesses.. might have to invest in some 4 the summer :D are the velcro closers secure? they dont rip off?

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I have a velcro dress harness and I can pull & tug on Midgie when I'm walking her & it's never come undone. It's a wide velcro strip that's really secure.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To ensure that they're secure, I've actually picked mine up in their harnesses, you know, dangled them from their leash (briefly of course) They have not budged. I also wrapped the harness around the upright of my stairs and pulled with a great deal of strength, far more than either of my dogs could exert if they were pulling against the leash while in harness. Not the slightest problem there either. Finally, I yanked, jerked, on the harness while it was attached to the upright, much as a dog would do who suddenly tried to jerk away.

I am very confident at this point that the harness will NOT, under any of the stresses that my dogs could exert on it, come undone.

I will caution you however that the velcro closures are only as strong as they overlap. In other words, if you have a harness that barely fits your chi, and there is only a tiny bit of overlap to secure it, there is a far greater danger of it coming undone that if there's a great deal of overlap, as there is with the ones I have with Tango and Jazz.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
All of my harnesses are velcro and they are very sturdy and I have had to pick my guys up suddenly on occasions. I make sure and keep the hair out of the velcro on Chibi's though as his long hair can build up and cause it to not secure. ;-)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts