Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Petco today to pick up some of Chico's bully springs and buddy biscuits (he's so spoiled, lol) and I saw these treats called "Luv' A Bones" mini dog biscuits. the ingredients looked great, so i bought them. let me tell you, i took one out and smelled it (i'm a weirdo, i know :D ) and it smelled so good i wanted to eat one!

i got him the Roasted Chicken with Garlic Mashed Potatoes flavor...the product website is www.healthpronutrition.com Chico loves them, so I guess I'll be adding them to his list of treats to get.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
587 Posts
Mmmm i havent eaten dinner yet (its 8pm here) and that made me hungry... And thanks! good to know! I will be sure to try them, i mean let my dogs try them :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,425 Posts
Chico's Mama said:
I went to Petco today to pick up some of Chico's bully springs and buddy biscuits (he's so spoiled, lol) and I saw these treats called "Luv' A Bones" mini dog biscuits. the ingredients looked great, so i bought them. let me tell you, i took one out and smelled it (i'm a weirdo, i know :D ) and it smelled so good i wanted to eat one!

i got him the Roasted Chicken with Garlic Mashed Potatoes flavor...the product website is www.healthpronutrition.com Chico loves them, so I guess I'll be adding them to his list of treats to get.
I posted in another thread about these things... I DID eat one... they're soooo good!! Cooper likes the roasted chicken but we both like the braised short rib best. They smell just as good as they taste!

I actually eat one every time I give one to Cooper. But y'all already know I'm crazy. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,807 Posts
xx-nathalie-xx said:
mine don't love dog cookies or biscuits :cry: i tried EVERYTHING :shock:
i always end up giving everything away .....

kisses nat
I've given away a small fortune in doggy treats too. At Lily's daycare they keep a big bucket (and I do mean bucket) of Old Mother Hubbard biscuits. Lily will eat those, but only at daycare. I've bought every flavor they make and she just walks away from them at home. :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if chico were to hear you're giving away treats, he'd be like "GIVE EM TO ME!" :lol: he LOVES his treats...i give him one of his buddy biscuits every morning when we wake up, so if i sleep to late he'll wake me up as if to say "ok mama, i want my treat!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,807 Posts
Chico's Mama said:
if chico were to hear you're giving away treats, he'd be like "GIVE EM TO ME!" :lol: he LOVES his treats...i give him one of his buddy biscuits every morning when we wake up, so if i sleep to late he'll wake me up as if to say "ok mama, i want my treat!"
I'd gladly give them to Chico if the boy didn't live so darn far away. :lol: Fortunately, my friend's pug will eat anything you put in front of her so she's usually the lucky recipient. Sometimes, if I've bought a reallllly big bag of something I will drop it off at the local humane society or even at Lily's foster mom's house (I still send her a Lily update and a check every Christmas too). Lily is the original Miss Fussypants. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rachael...I think that's so awesome that you give to the humane society. I was talking to my husband last night and I told him that when we have some extra money, I'd really like to go buy some stuff and donate it to the SPCA. I'd have fun shopping for all those things, like doggie and kitty food, some toys for them, things like that.

They had thepet adoptions at Petco last weekend, and there was a big dog there named Dragon, and they were asking for help giving him the surgery he needs, so I donated $10 to help. It breaks my heart to see so many dogs and cats homeless...and the sad part is, is that most of them were abandoned. :cry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,807 Posts
Chico's Mama said:
Rachael...I think that's so awesome that you give to the humane society. I was talking to my husband last night and I told him that when we have some extra money, I'd really like to go buy some stuff and donate it to the SPCA. I'd have fun shopping for all those things, like doggie and kitty food, some toys for them, things like that.

They had thepet adoptions at Petco last weekend, and there was a big dog there named Dragon, and they were asking for help giving him the surgery he needs, so I donated $10 to help. It breaks my heart to see so many dogs and cats homeless...and the sad part is, is that most of them were abandoned. :cry:
My local supermarket has a big covered trash can set aside for (food) donations to the humane society. It's so easy to just grab a bag of dog food, cat food, treats, whatever, and drop it in the can on the way out. I also had a neighbor who just dropped dead while mowing his lawn about 2 months ago. His family requested donations to the humane society in lieu of flowers. I almost cried when I found out. I knew they were lovely people but that told me everything I needed to know about them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,425 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
I've given away a small fortune in doggy treats too. At Lily's daycare they keep a big bucket (and I do mean bucket) of Old Mother Hubbard biscuits. Lily will eat those, but only at daycare. I've bought every flavor they make and she just walks away from them at home. :roll:
Try cat treats. They're like crack for dogs and they're usually healthier than dog treats for them since they're smaller and stuff. I give Cooper all Oma's rejected treats. He's working on a bag of "Deli Slices" right now.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top