Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings All,

Glad to be here. I have a sick 2 year old female and i am concerned.....

Symptoms:
Stopped eating-drinking water, sleeping all day, painful to walk, temp. of 103, etc..... As we ALL know, this is not typical "Chi-heavor".

We have the utmost confidence in her Vet. She has been twice in 2 days. Blood work was taken yesterday, we are awaiting results this morning.

Does this sound like Lyme disease to anyone? Please ease my worried mind.

I love that damn girl soooo much.

Thanks for your time.
Chi-Daddy

** BTW ** I promise photos to come!!

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Theres no way she could be pregnant is there ? it just sounds similar with the raised temp, stopping eating and conserving her energy ?

I think you really need to go back to your vet how long has it been since she drank ? try getting some syringes and syringe feed her water and nutrical, it sounds like she needs to be at the vets on a drip etc until she starts picking up - is the vet treating her with anything - antibiotics anti pyretics ?

welcome by the way :wave:

·
Registered
321 Posts
sick chi

HELLO :wave: WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!! iT SOUNDS LIKE IT COULD BE ALOT OF THINGS. I HOPE SHE FEELS BETTER SOON :lol: LET US KNOW WHAT THE VET SAY'S :!:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
welcome :wave:

if she's not eating/drinking , i would really syringe her some !!
i hope you will find out what's wrong with your girl !!

please keep us posted and i'll be waiting for your pics ;-)

kisses nat

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
She si a cutie pie, I sure hope she feels better real soon, it could be Lyme but like it was said could be several things. Do you have high Lyme where u are?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
......follow-up

Vet has prescribed doggie Amoxicillian and Hill's Diet food mixed with water for nutrition/hydration. We are administering by syringe, with success!! She is eating her treats, if we hand fead her. One thing that was pointed out ....if the Vet thought she was that bad-off, he probably would have kept her for observation/IV drip etc......

Thanks for making me feel welcome. This is my first Hua forum and I am glad I joined. Please keep 'Katie-Belle' in your thoughts for us.

V/R,
Chi-Daddy

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Oh great, now I have one more chi to worry about here. :)

She's a real beauty and I adore the name Katie (I had 2 puppies named Katie when I was a kid). I do think the vet would have kept her if he was really worried. So glad she's getting some nourishment.

Now that you're one of us and you've allowed us to see your girl and hear her story, you do know you're obligated to keep us posted on her condition. And more pics too, once she gets back to her old chi self. :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
..........Update on Katie-Belle......

Got a second opinion last night from another well respected Vet. Heart worm and Lyme blood screen was NEGATIVE, thank the Lord! He feels she may have taken a spill on hurt her spine/neck somehow, contributing to the stiffness and discomfort. Her fever has gone down a bit, 103 to 102.4. She is such a trooper, three temperature checks in as many days and two days of blood tests. She is resting quite a bit and the Doc says all we can do is continue to make sure that she eats/drinks either on her own or with our help. He prescribed a doggie Motrin type drug and an anti-inflamatory. I don't like to over medicate as a rule, want her to get better as soon as possible.

Photos to come when she rebounds....I promise.

Thanks again for the love and support.

Sincerely,
Chi-Daddy

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Hello & welcome Your baby is just adorable. It sounds like things are much better since your original post and I hope she is completely well soon :wave:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i love hearing negative test results, thats so positive lol wait a second, you know what i mean! glad to hear her fever is coming down, keep getting better lil one!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!! :wave:

Sorry to hear that Katie is not feeling well. I hate it when our babies (fur and human) are sick. Glad you are taking such good care of her. We can't wait to hear good news and get pics of her playing and feeling better!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts