Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I take Chico to Petco once a month for a 'spa' treatment which includes teeth brushing, nail clipping, ears cleaned, combing and bath. She then sprays a good smelling spray on Chico before turning him over to me. This usually takes a couple of hours before I pick him up. the charge is $50 US

My question is, what do you Tip your groomers (for those that use the service). What is the normal Tip? is there a service percentage?

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
We also use PetCo. Just the Bath and Brush package including clean ears and clip nails for $19 each dog. If she dremels their nails it's $5 more per dog. I request the same groomer every time and I tip $3 per dog--about 15%. Their Spa package is pricey and it's more about fragrance which I don't really enjoy.

·
Premium Member
5,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks.... 15% sounds reasonable

when I say lets go to the 'spa', Chico will go crazy...lol...... I think he likes the groomer :) as I request the same one everytime also...... Chico likes the attention, I think, and he likes to shop afterwards to show off....lol

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I would tip, especially if they do a nice job of it and I request a certain groomer. I do Rico's grooming at home.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Rosa goes to the groomers a few times a year, mostly for her cut as I do most of the bathing myself and I am not fabulous with the cut lol body I'm ok, its the legs that mess me up hehehe
Willy I don't take to the groomers at all, he is short hair and I do all his bathing and nail cutting myself and I have a bottle of a nice fragrance for dogs that I use sometime between baths. However, he will NOT let me clean his ears and he has a dirty looking ear. I tried like the dickens to get at it lastnight and it was a NO go.
Anyone have any ear cleaning tricks?
I am TOO scared to take Willy to the groomers cuz of his small size and his 3 legs. I am too terrified they would hurt him by accident

·
Premium Member
5,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the replies... I just got Chico back from Petco's Spa and gave a good TIP to my groomer. I feel better that I can give an appropriate tip........

thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts