Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone please recommend a good grooming brush that is good for a smooth coat chi that will help with getting out the dead fur that is under the top coat? something that will help with the shedding this coming spring?

what are peoples thoughts on the zoom groom for a smooth coat?

opinions on the shedding rake are encouraged?

I understand the furminator cuts the coat. I feel like I get alot of dead fur when I use it. But it only helps for 2 days at a time and then I have to brush again because I start to find fur all over the sofa and my clothes again.

I am wondering if it will make the new fur grow back coarser or thicker?

and I am looking for something that I don't have to groom quite so often with and get the same results I do with the furminator.

Thank you all in advance! :)
Erica

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
I dont use a brush on Zoey but I heard there is a glove that works pretty good.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi buster has a sc and i use a soft brissle dog brush from walmart on his coat he really enjoys it and it brushes out alot he was going to shed im like you on the shedding i try to minimise as much as possible for allergies

·
Registered
6 Posts
My black and tan chihuahua sheds ALOT and I've started rubbing her down with a damp cloth then brushing her with a human's backcombing (fine) comb every night. It isn't the best way but it does get rid of a lot of hair that would have ended up on my floor!

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Also zoes mums right. The glove one us amazing. And the dogs seem to enjoy it more as it's just like being petted for ages x

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is the glove everyone is reffering to the one with rubber on the side that you groom with? Does it get the dead fur from underneath the coat?

THanks
Erica

1 - 10 of 10 Posts