Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all,

Do you take your long coats to a groomer? If so, what do you have done besides getting nails clipped? Do you get their coats trimmed up? I just trimmed my chi's butt hair because it sticks out and is so much longer and thicker than her other hair, it just looked weird, haha.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Hey! :wave:

Yes I trim the bum fuzz and also Chanel's paw feathers, the belly gets a little bit
trimmed at times too, since she is so low to the ground her belly fur gets super
dirty during winter, spring & fall! I like to trim the ear hair as well(on the inside
to keep them clean and dry).

·
Registered
659 Posts
I got Sugar professionally groomed last weekend, she is just 7 months so hasn't got her full coat yet, but wanted to send her to experience it now so she doesn't fret too much in the future. They washed, blow dryed, brushed her, clipped her nails and the hair between her toes, if she had long hair round her bum I would have asked them to trim there too. She was def cleaner and even prettier than when I bath her and smelt so nice that I bought a bottle of the doggie deodorant spray that they used!

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
I have Zarita trimmed too. Right now she looks terrible 'cause she had the knee surgery done on both knees and was shaved all over the back end. Looks like a lion! I am taking her Thursday, and have them do a 'puppy' cut, which will look better with this shaved area. She looks so cute! Sue

·
Banned
37 Posts
I work for PetSmart grooming so luckily I get to take Sookie to work with me and get her pampered. Usually I just bathe her but sometimes i have one of the groomers (im just a bather) trim up her hair. i will have them do a sanitary shave, shave out the paw pads and trim up the feet, and even out the hair on her belly so it doesnt get all wet when playing in the grass.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Zarita went to the groomer today and got a 'puppy cut' for the summer. She already has her back end trimmed due to the knee surgery, and now the rest is trimmed too. She looks SO cute. I can't keep my hands off her, fluffing her coat. It is about 1 inch long on her back, belly and chest. Grows fast! Sue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.