Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I noticed yesterday morning before I let Faye out of the crate she gave a mean snarly growl when Morrison walked by. Her crate is covered with a blanket at night to stop her from crying. So I think he just scared her because she could only see out of the bottom of her crate.

This morning I let her out of the crate and Lacey and Osha were walking around my room. Faye was excited to be out. I petted her a bit and then she kinda snarly barked at Lacey. Again I don't think she noticed Lacey at first and maybe it scared her when Lacey ran by.

Or could she be resource guarding me?

She doesent go after the other dogs any other time. They interact around the house just fine. Go on walks together ect.

She was acting a bit growly when the other dogs would hop up on the couch yesterday but I could not tell if it was a play growl (because she desperately wants them to play) or not. So she has been kept on the floor for the most part just so resource guarding of the couch does not become a problem. Because like I said she has no issues with the other dogs on the floor.

I walk them for a 35-45 minute walk in the morning and I usually take them out two more times a day. I feel like she has ALOT of pent of energy and walks will help with behavior issues.

Suggestions?

·
Banned
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I don't want to speak too soon but *knock on wood* there havent been any problems with the couch today. Osha and Lacey also have not been growling at the pup at all today. Yesterday they each gave warning growls when she was trying to rough play when they didn't want to.

Today she hasent been pestering them and they are all laying together on the couch. She had no issues when Lacey jumped up and neither of the "big girls" have had an issue with her. The other two dogs don't mind her, Morrison actually thinks she is great lol.

So hopefully the rest of the day goes as good. I think everyone just needs to get used to each other.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I think it may just be Faye trying to figure out her place in the pack and things that are "hers". Crates are their dens, and as such, she feels safer in there after the move. It's hers from the other house, and she may be missing the other family, too. As she gets more settled and secure, it will probably go away.

·
Banned
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Pam I just needed to hear someone else say it. I'm trying to be over critical of any of them right now. Because I do realize all this is very new for all of them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts