Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this evening that Yoshi has a growth on his back below his right shoulder? It is mushy feeling and about the size of the tip of my thumb to the first knuckle, it moves around with ease and feels like it is under the skin but not attached to the body underneath it? He is acting fine and it doesnt appear to hurt him when I am feeling it. It was not there earlier today, I know because I give him what I call puppy massages and always have my fingers around his shoulders. Does anyone know what this could be or have experienced this. It is 10 pm my time and I cant call the vet until 8:30 am and I will probably lose sleep over this:-(

I wanted to add that he hasnt had any vaccinations lately.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
I would definatly give the vet a call when they are open.
Hopefully it's nothing serious.
One of my rotties had fatty tumors that didn't bother him.
If it comes and goes it could be a sist, but it's best to have it checked.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called the vet this morning and described it and my vet said not to worry that it sounded like an abscess (sp?) and for me to put hot compresses on it to try to bring it to a head and then it should release the liquid inside. He said that if it was still there by Monday or Tuesday that I could bring him in and they would take a sample or test it. He said that due to it popping up so quickly that it wasnt anything to worry about. I will keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
919 Posts
That's not as scary then. I hope Yoshi is feeling better soon.

BTW, that is the cutest little chair in your sig. Is it a photo prop or does he use it?

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its my daughters doll chair he will get in it sometimes but he is usually in our laps, LOL!

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
vixie had an abcess just like you described, our vet did an aspriation just incase but it was just pus. a warm compress and some massage and it was gone again in a few days.
occasionally if shes feeling a little run down it will come back though much smaller than the first time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts