Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I said in my previous posts I took Niko into the vets on Friday to get his cherry eye fixed and to get him neutered. As the vet was pulling his eyelid back to put a stitch in his cherry eye popped back into place. She called me telling me that she would highly recommend leaving it be and to not tack it into place, kind of like there is no need to fix something that isn't broken. Well low and behold when I came home from work Saturday night it had reappeared!! I am upset because now he will have to go back into surgery, and I know how much he hated it of course. Another thing is the cost. To get him neutered and to get his cherry eye fixed which was originally planned would hav been $120 for both. To just get the cherry eye fixed would be $100 or over, and the neutering would be $70 if I got them done seperatly. Since I had originally planned to get both done and plans changed, would a vet give me some kind of discount do you think? I don't want to sound cheap but the costs just really add up over time!! If she doesnt offer should I ask? since it came back just a day later??

·
Registered
34 Posts
hello

absolutely I would take the baby back to the same vet and call her out. It seems to me she knew the deal for the two procedures and she recommended leaving it be, any reputable vet would take care of there own mistake.Because believe me I know about the costs! Good luck with your little baby

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Tucker had to have 3 surgeries on his knee in one month. I paid for the first surgery. The vet did the next two for free, and I didn't even have to ask about it. I certainly would ask your vet about a discount, if not a totally free procedure. I'm sorry that your furbaby will have to go through all of that stress again. :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
I agree. If you tell the doctor that it happened the very next day, if she is reputable, she will only charge what the cost would have been.

I know the little bugers are expensive! I spent well over $1000 on immunizations and doctor's visits within 6 months after getting my little snotpot. And I only paid $300 for the dog! But she's healthy as a horse nowadays so it was money well spent. Just know that when it comes to getting a puppy started out right, this too shall pass.

steph

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
poor little guy!

i would say something about the cost of having to do another surgery that could have been done the other day. talk to the vet about it, if that doesn't work talk to the office manager. we would give some type of discount especially if it was within that same week!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.