Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a petstore the other day searching for a new collar for Lina (she keeps chewing through them so we need leather one), anyways. I had Lina with me, of course, and this girl came up to me and wanted to pet her. Of course I had no problem with that since I love showing off my girl :). It was when she started talking that I didn't like her lol. She told me that she has Chihuahuas in Arizona. I was like,"that's cool." and she goes, "they look nothing like her though." I was like, "um...what do they look like?" she said their heads were different and thier ears weren't as big. I just kinda stood there for a minute trying to figure out how a chi could possibly not look like a chi. I asked if they were purebred because most any chi I've ever seen looks like her except they might be a little bigger or smaller or a different color and of course there are the coat lenghts. Then girls, she said the word..."teacup". She goes, "well they're teacups." and I just stood there completely dumbfounded. I don't talk to many people who use that word these days, then again, the people I know know better than to say that word around me unless they're talking about having tea lol. Anyways, when I just looked at her she goes, "they a type of chihuahua, there's the pocket ones..." and I stopped her right there. I was like, "Yeah I know exactly what they are and there's no such thing." and then right before my eyes she got even more stupid, "we're breeding them, they're going to have babies soon." I just looked at her, stepped back so she couldn't touch Lina and said, "yeah, I need to go...over...there now." lol

I had extremely good self control with this one, but I didn't have time to stand there and debate about it with her. I would have rather been shaving my legs with a rusty blade than stand there for one more second and talk to that girl. I was becoming dumber just breathing her air lol. I know...that sounds mean...but I don't like people that don't listen to me when I'm trying to educate them. And clearly they did no research on breeding because they would have found out on at least some site or in some book that there is no such thing as teacups. It's ridiculous how much those pups are going to have to go through before they wise up to that.

I do have to say one thing though, I frequent a Paris Hilton forum (don't hate me lol), and someone was wanting to know how much her Tinkerbell weighs because they want a chi that size. Welll, I went into "teacher" mode and posted a bunch of links and everything trying to inform her that she shouldn't go looking for a size she should go looking for color or coat, but not size. She'll get screwed over by a breeder who sees a niave girl wanting to be her fave celeb. Well, this one girl on there posted the link to the texasteacup site (where Paris got Tinks). To my surprise she PM'd me and asked me some questions and I gave her more links. She couldn't believe it but didn't argue with me. She was sickened and even took down her link to that nasty texasteacup site. So, yeah, I felt good that I got through to at least one person :)

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
OOh yeh I'm with you on this . For goodness sakes there's no such thing people their called runts :roll: Not to mention the fact that you gotta be really really careful with little teeny ones. People are so lame :roll:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Cooper's not a teacup chihuahua... he's a "beer stein" Chi. :lol:

That's what I tell people when they bring out the teacup reference to keep me from slapping them. :D

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Beer stien! That's too funny!! :lol:

Tyson of course is the exception lol!

Maybe I should start telling people Lina is a potato chip chihuahua. She doesn't care much for tea...she does love my chips though lol.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL omg! If they believed me, I would probably pee myself I'd be laughing so hard LMAO!! People never stop amazing me with how gullible they are when it comes to animals.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts