Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took Twinkie to the vet for some more shots, she weighed in at 2.1LBS... She is almost 4 months now. I did that little growth estimate chart, and it said she'll probably be between 3+4lbs full size.. Who knows.. Anyway, this is her in her new hoodie, which she hates.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
She's precious! And such a tiny little thing. Adorable. Toby almost got that sweatshirt today in boy colors.

Sent from my iPhone using PetGuide

·
Registered
369 Posts
She is so cute!

For what it's worth, I constantly have Biscuit dressed in more boyish colors and everyone thinks he's a girl. Today he wore a blue hoodie and twice I was told "she is so cute."

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
If she follows my girl's weight charts, that adult weight would be right.

Eden, my smallest, was 2.5 lbs. until a bit over 6 months and is now almost 2 years old and weighed in at the vet yesterday at 3.3 lbs.

Ruby, our biggest was 2 lbs. at 3-ish months and weighed in yesterday at 4.1 lbs. and she will be 2 years old this week.

Hope, who is just 2 weeks older than Ruby weighed the same as Ruby at 3 months and weighed in yesterday at 3.8 lbs.

The charts have been VERY accurate for us but wildly inaccurate for others here.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts

Eden, my smallest, was 2.5 lbs. until a bit over 6 months and is now almost 2 years old and weighed in at the vet yesterday at 3.3 lbs.

Ruby, our biggest was 2 lbs. at 3-ish months and weighed in yesterday at 4.1 lbs. and she will be 2 years old this week.

Hope, who is just 2 weeks older than Ruby weighed the same as Ruby at 3 months and weighed in yesterday at 3.8 lbs.

The charts have been VERY accurate for us but wildly inaccurate for others here.
The charts were pretty accurate for Taz also. She was 2lbs at three months like Ruby. The last time she was weighed at six months she was 3.5lbs. Now at a year and three months, she has begun to fill in and is probably somewhere closer to 4 lbs. Her chest is 11 in. What is Ruby 's chest measurement?

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Just measured them all (for good measure-haha!).
Used a soft tape right behind front legs and up and around (like when I measure for park Avenue harnesses). Let me know if you wanted a measurement other than where I measured.

Hope and Eden 11.5"
Ruby 12"

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Just measured them all (for good measure-haha!).
Used a soft tape right behind front legs and up and around (like when I measure for park Avenue harnesses). Let me know if you wanted a measurement other than where I measured.

Hope and Eden 11.5"
Ruby 12"
Yes, i was just curious and trying to compare - that's what I thought - Taz is right in that size range too. My scales just don't weigh that accurately and I was trying to guess her weight based on theirs.

Speaking of Park Avenue, have you looked on there website lately? They have changed some things. They now have a more narrow adjustable harness available. I got one with fall colors for Taz and I like the narrow width.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
They have their regular vet and then a vet office right by our house where they get nail trims. That office weighs them lighter than the baby scale at the regular vet. They had not been there in awhile so I was curious what those scales said.

Taz has always been right along with them in size so I would guess that she still is. Ruby is tall and VERY long. Much longer than the other two.

I did see the new harnesses. My crowd each has 2 already (and 1 is still new) and since they are more into indoor obstacle course exercise, they just have not gotten worn out enough to order new!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
They have their regular vet and then a vet office right by our house where they get nail trims. That office weighs them lighter than the baby scale at the regular vet. They had not been there in awhile so I was curious what those scales said.

Taz has always been right along with them in size so I would guess that she still is. Ruby is tall and VERY long. Much longer than the other two.

I did see the new harnesses. My crowd each has 2 already (and 1 is still new) and since they are more into indoor obstacle course exercise, they just have not gotten worn out enough to order new!
Taz and Charlie out and about a good bit but their harnesses aren't really worn. I have been spending my clothing budget on them mostly so they have gotten some things they did not necessarily need. I do want one more ark Ave harness though. I bought fabric to match a Christmas leash I have so I want to get a harness made up to match.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

She has definitely started growing like nuts since we switched her food, so who knows, it could be more... We met a 3lb short hair at the vet, so it helped us get a little perspective with how "big" she'll get. She is fluffy though, so she'll probably look a bit bigger.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts