Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The baby, Callie! I can't believe it and I'm not real comfortable with it. I think what bothers me the most is that the power seems to be going to her head. She is beginning to bully Annabelle. :( Maybe it is just because she is trying to establish herself as the Alpha? She doesn't get rough with Annabelle. Callie mainly growls at Annabelle if she even looks towards her food. :roll: And this morning Cody wanted his chew toy but Callie had it. It really is Cody's. She would not let him have it so he came over and got my attention and then would look at Callie. LOL! It was like he was telling on her. I just went and got Callie's chew toy and gave it to Cody. He didn't want it and neither did she. :roll: Is there anything I can do or is this just something between the dogs? :?

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
That's a tuff one.
I try to give both my girls each a chew toy and they end up both wanting the same one.
I usually let them work it out and eventually they will share it, one chews it for a while then the other one.
If it gets real bad I will take both of the chewies away, but that has only happened once.
There is usually a lot of noise and open mouths but noone gets hurt.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes Emurr, it is just like having children! Thank goodness my DD doesn't growl though. :D

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Little Callie wants to be boss huh? I can't figure out who is the boss w/ my 2. Mikey tries but Kismet never backs down to him.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's how it was at my house too Kelly. Callie is just now really starting to assert her dominance over Cody and Annabelle. It's kind of funny because not only is she the youngest, she's also the smallest. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts