Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am going on a 10 day cruise around the Pacific Islands in 3 Days.

I know I am meant to be excited - but all I feel is guilt!

Fiddle can't come and even though I know she will be home and cared for by my dad, who even gives her cuddles and loving like I do, and I know she will be cared for and safe.

I STILL feel super bad :(

I have bought her a whole bunch of new toys and treats to make me feel better, but I just don't. I feel guilty and like she will fret and think I'm never comming back - I don't want her to think I've abandoned her!!

I know none of this is really sane, but I feel so strongly about it.....

Has anyone had to leave they're babies for a holiday? how did you cope, they cope?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
We have left Gretel twice on holiday, not Godric yet though.

Our first trip was 10 days away and we left her with her "granny" who was the lady that bred her. She ran around and went wild with her 4 chi's for 10 days, she definitely missed us, but she warmed right back up to us.

The second trip we left her at home for 7 days and had my future brother-in-law "housesit" for us so i'm sure she didn't get tons of cuddles but she knows him well and likes her so whenever he wasn't working i'm sure she was just curled up on the sofa next to him.

Both times I consider a success. I'm not sure i'd want to leave anyone with Godric on an extended trip, he's a menace to anyone but his mommy, but i'm certain she'll be just fine :]

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have left Gretel twice on holiday, not Godric yet though.

Our first trip was 10 days away and we left her with her "granny" who was the lady that bred her. She ran around and went wild with her 4 chi's for 10 days, she definitely missed us, but she warmed right back up to us.

The second trip we left her at home for 7 days and had my future brother-in-law "housesit" for us so i'm sure she didn't get tons of cuddles but she knows him well and likes her so whenever he wasn't working i'm sure she was just curled up on the sofa next to him.

Both times I consider a success. I'm not sure i'd want to leave anyone with Godric on an extended trip, he's a menace to anyone but his mommy, but i'm certain she'll be just fine :]
Naww its good to hear that Gretel was ok with you guys being away. Did you feel a little bad leaving them though? thats probly my biggest issue :(

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
We felt very bad, the second time especially because we knew the brother wasn't going to pay a whole ton of attention to her but we had to go away and it was the best solution for everyone.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I've left Tango and Jazz behind when I've visited my son and his family in California. They just stay with my roommate who has two pugs. They don't get as much attention, and they're penned up a portion of the day in her den, but they like her and they're fine. Yeah, I feel a little guilty, but I know they're going to be OK and that I'm going to pamper them when I come back. Truth is, I think I miss them more than they miss me lol! :D

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
We have both never left ours more than 2 consecutive nights over the last 20 years, and when we did, one of our children who they were raised with was here with them. There have been 4 occasions hubby was hospitalized with surgeries, but I was home with them each night; and I was hospitalized once for 4 nights, but hubby was with them each night. He said every time they heard a car door, they all ran for the door looking for momma. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts