Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow is Guinness' 6 month birthday and he's going into the vet's tomorrow to get his manly bits fiddled with and removed. *Snipped*. Am hoping for a safe surgery and a comfortable recovery for him :(

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
AlekonaKini said:
Tomorrow is Guinness' 6 month birthday and he's going into the vet's tomorrow to get his manly bits fiddled with and removed. *Snipped*. Am hoping for a safe surgery and a comfortable recovery for him :(
today is paris's 6 month birthday :D ....and cosmo and paris are going in tomorrow too for their spay/neuter :?
we can keep fingers crossed for eachother :wink:

kisses nat

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awweee thanks for everyones well wishes and thoughts! This morning, I gave my little man lotsa love and a bath (so he smells nice and manly for the vets on his half birthday!)

He was VERY bummed that he didn't get to eat his breakfast (He can eat a whole bowl in 5 seconds flat- counted!) Am concerned about his eating so will be watching that in the future.

Weighed him this morning and he's 6.5lbs!!! :shock: I've been feeding him a can of ceaser each day and probably like.. half a cup total of science diet. I am thinking of feeding him half a can of caesar a day instead. Ah I don't know.

Anyway - I left him at the vets. He was naked, confused and looking at me like "Aw Mommy - where am I going??!" (shake, shake) I actually felt sick to my stomach and guilty for having to put him through all this. Having volunteered at an animal hospital. I know they are going to give him some meds to put him to sleep - and he's going to sit there, confused, dazed and it'll make him sick to his stomach - until he finally falls asleep. *sigh* I wish I could sit iwth him when he went through all that.

I get to pick him up today at 5. My fingers are crossed and I'm spending the rest of the day cleaning to try and get my mind of it.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got a call around 11:30, informing me that he was doing alright and I could pick him up at 2:30. When I GOT the call.. (I was napping when they called, I guess....) it WAS 2:30 so I rushed right over there to pick my baby up.

They said he was very good - and quiet. (I guess they expected him to be a yapper?) They said he was very cute.. would paw at the kennel and just stare at them. He is very active and doing just fine!

I just gave him his first meal of the day (he gobbled that up) with some pain medication so he should be fine in a matter of days). It still looks like he has balls though.

Is that normal?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts