Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was very stupid and trusted petsmart with shots for my puppy they originally had wonderful ratings now they are horrible, the first time the vet was wonderful and she did great, she has gone for her second round and the idiot vet gave the shot sideways and she is exctiating pain and cries out when she moves, I made a horrible mistake she will NEVER go there again, I am getting her an appointment with my old vet tomorrow for her next booster is there anything i can do for pain she is in agony whenever she moves

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
She is in agonizing pain? I would take her to the vet immediately. That just doesn't sound good to me. Some dogs do experience some tenderness and uncomfortableness in the area, but they shouldn't be screaming in pain.

I also wouldn't get any additionaly boosters until you know what is going on- whether it was a vaccine reaction or something else. Poor baby :(

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
she's asleep now but when she wakes up I might have to take her to the hospital all the vets are closed that and the vet stuck her like 3 times and some of the meds came out on her skin she wasn't careful I am so mad right now and feel horrible

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
That doesn't sound right at all? I have had dogs all my life and none of them every screamed in pain after shots. Maybe the vet hit a nerve. She needs to see a vet to find out what is wrong, could have put the shot in a vein also.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes my mom is on the phone I just discovered a knot on her hip she keeps whining and is very wobbly now she is puling her back legs up she wont walk on them, I am about to take petsmart apart, I gave her some nutrical to perk her up a bit and she had trouble finding my finger usually she goes nuts when she smells it this is so scary!

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
yes my mom is on the phone I just discovered a knot on her hip she keeps whining and is very wobbly now she is puling her back legs up she wont walk on them, I am about to take petsmart apart, I gave her some nutrical to perk her up a bit and she had trouble finding my finger usually she goes nuts when she smells it this is so scary!
I would definitely take her to the e-vet. This sounds like some sort of vaccine reaction. I hope she feels better soon!

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Poor girl. I hope everything turns out okay. Glad you are on your way to the vet. Try to stay as calm as you can. She will feel your energy if you are worried.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Thinking of your little girl and hoping all is well!! Looking forward to news.

·
Registered
189 Posts
My little one was also I excruciating pain. She couldn't walk for two day and screamed when you touched her. I found out the vet gave her the shot in her leg muscle. Some new protocol. I was NOT happy. My horse vet does all my shots now. She raises corgis and is fantastic with the dogs. Good luck!!! Sending healing prayers for your little one!!!!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
My girl also had the same thing happen. She would not let her touch us and would run and hide and cry very loud. It stopped a day later when the swelling went down. I called the vet and he told me to put some warm compresses on the place of swelling if possible with some alcohol. How was I supposed to do that when she was in pain there???
I was not able to touch her but the swelling went down on its own.

You could not know that the pet smart vet would suck at giving shots. I hope your baby feels better today!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I hope everything turns out okay. Bless her heart. :/ xxx

Lexie's second boosters were a nightmare. Took her in around 10/11 one morning. They gave her the booster, and within just an hour something seemed very wrong. She was sore from head to toe. We couldn't move her without her whimpering, and you could see the agony in her eyes. After a few hours, she developed a hematoma (the knot you feel) at the injection site. Hematomas are fairly common after boosters. But the overall pain, and the symptoms that followed were the scariest 3 days. She began having neurological side effects. Turning her head from side to side. Acting as if she was seeing things. Fatigue, overall pain, very disoriented, didn't walk, eat or drink. I syringe fed and watered her. Called my vet at the beginning of these signs, he said, oh it's a vaccine reaction, she'll come through it. After 3 days she was back to normal. Goes without saying I never used that vet again. Lexie was my first dog. So I was clueless. Started researching, and found a vet that is very familiar with small breeds. My pups were then given half doses of all boosters, rabies included. They'd have a half dose booster, always pretreated with a Benadryl injection prior. Then we'd go back 4 weeks later for the rabies, pretreated for that one as well. We did our puppy shots, one booster, and titers from there.

Best wishes for you and your Angel. Thoughts being sent your way. xxx

·
Registered
194 Posts
I really hope everything goes ok for you - finding a good vet that you can trust seems to be so hard to do - giving injections is a very basic task - if they cant manage that imagine what the outcome might be if you had a real problem with your dog

1 - 20 of 45 Posts