Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gyda is coming home this weekend.
She is a Belgian Malinios. My husband will be using her for work and "play". She has phenomenal drive. We will be having fun socializing her for sure. Haha
We can't wait to get her home!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
These are really great working dogs. Watch out for your chi's with her as she gets older! Have you had one before? These are being used for police work much more than shepherds now, 'cause of the hip/health problems of the shepherds.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are familiar with both the mals and the gsd. :)
Not familiar with the chihuahua. Lol
So far Grimm is great with both of our gsd. They are German working line not show. My coated male Mace actually comes from ascheberg Germany. His parents both are working farm dogs. I wanted a pup that had proven lineage to the old style. My other gsd is his nephew.
We, my husband and I, have both trained with these dogs in Germany. My husband trained with Gyda's breeder here in the states. He already has friends he will be training with here set up for this little girl.
We are as ready as we can be for this breed. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gyda is home! She is just perfect!
Plays with Grimm although he isn't so interested in playing with a girl! Loki plays to rough and she doesn't like him much. The bigs dogs are like mom did you really bring another kid home?! Haha

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Last night wasn't the greatest. Husband has her crate in our room. She whines, cries, howls and he sleeps. I have to wake him to take her outside. He brings her to bed. She wants to play. Back in the crate and the whining begins again. I tell him to talk to her so she will calm by his voice. I get half sentences from him as he falls back to sleep with her still making noise. Oi! So glad I could sleep in. Now off to sell Girl Scout cookies...

·
Registered
872 Posts
Stella use to sleep in a box next to my bed when she was a pup, and I found that if I hung my arm over the side of the bed to let my fingers dangle where she could see, she would feel secure enough to not whine all night.

·
Registered
180 Posts
She is very cute. The first few days I had my foster puppies I had their crate set on top of something next to my bed so I could put my fingers through the bars while I slept which kept them from crying at night.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts