Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Miya has started doing this coughing thing or throat clearing thing...watch the video, it really starts about halfway through. I already took her to the vet, and the vet said she wasn't sick and her chest was clear and not to worry but to keep an eye. She has continued to do this and idk what it is. We do have a long haired cat so maybe she's eaten some of his hair? idk...anyone else seen this before?

Here is a link to the video...

View My Video

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
sounds like reverse sneezin to me too. dex usually does this when he gets too excited or if hes too stuffy in a heated room...like under the covers but if u mssage the trhaot area and take her outaide to breathe does it stop?

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
This IS a reverse sneeze. Pretty common in small breeds. Nothing to do, except comfort them. Sometimes I put my hand over her snout to make her breathe through her mouth. That stops it pretty quick. Sue

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everyone for the replies. the vet agrees that it's reverse sneezing..i just feel so bad for that poor baby. Thankfully it's not something more serious.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree that is reverse sneezing. It seems to be a common issue with with flat nose heads dog. I often see that in the pugs. Try gently blow in her face and scratch her through it should help. Allergy or sinus irritation might be the cause, where cat hair could cause her through irritation. Hopefully she will be better , if it become regular problem vets can provide steroids to help Miya.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts