Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twiggy was sitting on my lap, getting her belly rubbed. Suddenly, she jumped up and leapt from my lap. She landed awkwardly and fell on her side and I'm afraid I screamed a little, so she belly crawled away. Took me a bit to calm her down to see if she was ok. But she's fine, thank goodness. She's never tried to jump from my lap before, I was so scared she had hurt herself worse, but I guess she's tougher than she seems.

For those that don't know Twiggy, she's 2 pounds 14 ounces of diva and had been run over by a car and her former owners never took her to a vet. She had a crushed pelvis and two boken hips. She now gets around mostly on three legs, though she is using the bad one more and more. I guess she forgot she was handicapped last night. She is absolutely fearless. About gave me a heart attack, though.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Bless you both. Stop felling bad it wasn't your fault and she prob is thinking what u fussing bout mum !!!
If she seems ok today she will be fine. I think she is alot harder then she may look bless her. Give her big kisses from me and the girls. But if you do fell worried take her to te vets and give yourself peace of mind !!
Hope you are both ok xxxxx

·
Registered
120 Posts
That would be a scare after her previous injurious. Good that all was well. In my pre-chi days, I had a cocker spaniel mix who was fearless about jumping off anything, but she had arthritis and her right front leg was always worse for a few days after a jump. I tried to help her down each time, which really offended her. Finally I had to stop her from getting on the furniture, which was sad for both of us. :(

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She has never thought there has been anything wrong with her. She is the feistiest little thing. To see her bark Bounce out of the dog room or square off to bark at my 6 foot 3 in brother is so cute. She thinks she's at least as big as a rottie. lol She's never got to go on the furniture or sleep on the bed. And she's cool with that. So she may have not have realized just how high off the ground she really was. I'll just have to be more cafeful the next time she's on my lap.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Oh my gosh, that poor baby having been left in that condition by her previous owners. How could they not do something for her!?! Some people are beyond comprehension...

She's one lucky little girl to have you as a mom, now. I'm glad she seems okay after her jump. Things like that scare me, too, and my little one is over 6 pounds. I can't imagine a baby so tiny... Which one is she in your siggy? I bet she's a cutie - well, she has to be, because they all are!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thank you. She's in the first bunch of six dogs, the bottom far right. The fawn colored girl lying in the bed.

Two months after being run over, she was finally taken by the pound when they discovered her, and those scum that owned her wanted her back if she got better because they could make a lot of money from her babies!!! Unbelievable. She has a lot of fear of people and a lot of playing she does by herself leading me to believe she spent a lot of time in a crate. She may have been part of a breeding operation.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Oh goodness! So happy to hear she's okay. They do some awkward things at times. Silly boogers! (((hugs)))

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you T. You would know how scared I was, yours are around her size. My heart stopped while she was airborn, I swear. I just couldn't catch her, she totally surprized me.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
I'm glad Twiggy's ok. I can imagine how scared you were Pam.
It breaks my heart hearing how she was treated before joining your family.
Can't believe the idiots were going to breed her too! urgh! Thank goodness she's safe now.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thank you. She's in the first bunch of six dogs, the bottom far right. The fawn colored girl lying in the bed.

Two months after being run over, she was finally taken by the pound when they discovered her, and those scum that owned her wanted her back if she got better because they could make a lot of money from her babies!!! Unbelievable. She has a lot of fear of people and a lot of playing she does by herself leading me to believe she spent a lot of time in a crate. She may have been part of a breeding operation.
She is incredibly cute! How could anyone even consider breeding someone so tiny? People just baffle me... Things you're saying make me agree it probably was a breeding facility where she was. I'm sooo glad she has you, now, to love her and care for her.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I posted a while back that my Finn slid off my lap onto my stone floor when I was wearing windproof workout pants. Poor guy thought he'd done something wrong and slinked away. I felt horrible. But he is forgiving. I'm sure Twiggy will forgive and forget, too. but I know how horrible you feel!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts