Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last summer I was privileged to have a little foster girl stay with me, for a couple of weeks. Her name was Daisy, and she was the sweetest little girl. I would call her coloring a very light chocolate and tan sable... She and Ginger, my Little One, became friends right away, however Daisy wasn't feeling well when she first arrived.

You see, she was spayed the day before she was sent out on on a long transport ride to get her from one of the Carolinas to the Louisville, Kentucky area. I don't remember all the details, just how sweet she was, and that she didn't feel well when she arrived.

After a few days she started feeling better, and then my little Ginger started vomiting and didn't feel well for a couple of days. Finally, they both were feeling alright and started playing and watching the world from the window.

They were so cute together. If my situation had been different, Daisy could have stayed right with us, as far as we were concerned - she fit in so very nicely! The two little ones were always together, doing everything from looking out the window to sleeping. Even Hannah thought she was great and welcomed her immediately.

I'll see if I can remember how to post pictures, and share the cuteness. I have more pictures, someplace, but can't find them. I'll keep looking... :dontknow:

View attachment 6448
View attachment 6450
View attachment 6451

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Very sweet! :)
Don't be too sad about her finding a home(I assume that she got adopted), because now you have room to foster again!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She was in rescue - Littlest Angels - and I was only a short stopover on her way to her real foster home. She was so good and so sweet, if anyone met her, I'm sure she found a home soon. At least I pray she found a wonderful home, and a great foster home until then.

She was on a van transport with a group of cocker spaniels. The person picking up the spaniels called and asked if I'd keep her for a week, until the next leg of her transport could happen. I said sure, and didn't regret it for one second.

She was with us for an extra week, because I was told the shelter where she was before the transport had an outbreak of parvo shortly after they left, so the next leg of her transport wouldn't take her until she'd been in 'quarantine' for another week. At that point I didn't see any reason to get upset about the parvo scare and Daisy - she'd already been with us for a week, so if she carried it, my girls were exposed already. Everyone was okay, although Little Ginger and Hannah both got sick (vomiting, and Hannah diarrhea) part way through Daisy's first week. It wasn't parvo, and both recovered in a couple of days...

I think about the little doll so often, and even though Little One has Hannah and I, and our purry one, Shadow, she sure was happy with Daisy! They'd look at each other, as if to say, "You're just my size! I like you!!!"

It'd be nice to know if she's found a furever home, yet, but I probably will never know... Thanks for asking about her!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was hard letting her go, but I kept telling myself her rescue would find her a good home and she'd have good care until then. I'm just glad I had a chance to meet her and care for her for a little while.

I was going to foster a little Shih Tzu girl back in 2001 and she died in my arms in 2009, after 8 years of sharing love. As a foster parent I was a failure, and instead became doggy mom. I no doubt would be a foster failure again!

·
Registered
410 Posts
they look like they love each other .. im sorry you had to let her go ... that is why i dont think i would ever be able to foster dogs as i would just get so attached!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts