Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had taken the 3 pups to the groomers on my street to have their nails trimmed, then decided it's a nice sunny day so we will all go a walk.
That was fine.
Dillon was moaning to get up after a while and we thought oh he is just tired.
He just didnt want to walk anymore.
I even lifted him for a bit since we werent that far from home.
When we got in i saw him licking his paw and when i picked him up to have a look Jamie shouts oh my god it's glass!!

So we put the girls in their crate and rushed him to the Vet ER in town, after calling them of course.
So we get there and the vet takes him through the back and a few minutes later he comes out all red faced and laughing and says well he is minty, it was a Foxes Glacier mint.
Oh man we pissed ourselves laughing and were so mortified!!
So so relieved of course too, but still.
The vet nurse said oh dont worry i got a wee cuddle from the cutie anyhow. LMAO!!
That wee boy will be the end of me i tell you!! lol

I had said before we went that i would get some warm water and see myself, but Jamie said no VET now!!

Well am sure that gave you a chuckle eh. hahaha!!!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
haha!! We almost rushed up the vet earlier this week.... Pip was holding one of her legs up out to the side (she has mild LP anyway so very worried about that) - She wouldnt let anyone touch her lower leg either, so of course we were very worried about her....

....Til she rolled over for a tummy rub and saw it was just a sticker!!! Apparently she wanted a pretty flower sticker on the bottom of her pad!

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Oh Terri that did make me laugh poor Dillon bet he thought why are they all laughing at me.So glad it was only a mint HE HE

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
oh gosh Dillon!! You gave your mom a scare!!! LOL!!! So glad it wasn't anything serious, my heart dropped when I read the title of this thread. :)

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL thanks ladies.
I know it was scary at the time, and Jamie panicked me more so was a mad rush to get him to the vets!
It did look like glass and i couldnt smell any mint from it. lol
I should have known something was up when Dillon didnt make a peep, he is normally such a drama queen. hahah!!
Am sure those people at that vets will have had a good giggle for a while after we left.
Jamie has started calling him Minty now. hehe!!

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha!! We almost rushed up the vet earlier this week.... Pip was holding one of her legs up out to the side (she has mild LP anyway so very worried about that) - She wouldnt let anyone touch her lower leg either, so of course we were very worried about her....

....Til she rolled over for a tummy rub and saw it was just a sticker!!! Apparently she wanted a pretty flower sticker on the bottom of her pad!
LOL these wee ones like to worry us eh. x

·
Registered
355 Posts
Kali picks up pine sap in her fuzzy paws at some of the campgrounds we frequent. It looks like she's pulled up lame, but I can tell when she turns her paw around and starts trying to pull the sap out of her fur with her teeth, it's time for the ball-tip scissors!

Glad it wasn't more serious for Dillon. I still maintain that I'd rather be at the vet's office with egg on my face than tears!

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
HaHA thats to funny....Minty hehe.....I am so glad Dillon is OK......

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
they will be the death of us lol
how much was your vet bill ???
Oh there was no charge thankfully.
If it had been glass it would have cost £120 for just looking at him, then whatever else for any treatment.
Of course you pay it no matter what, but i do think that is so steep considering this emergency place is open, it's not like they have to do a callout.:foxes15:

Anyway, alls well that ends well. lol

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Kali picks up pine sap in her fuzzy paws at some of the campgrounds we frequent. It looks like she's pulled up lame, but I can tell when she turns her paw around and starts trying to pull the sap out of her fur with her teeth, it's time for the ball-tip scissors!

Glad it wasn't more serious for Dillon. I still maintain that I'd rather be at the vet's office with egg on my face than tears!
That is so true, i feel the same aswell.
Always best to be safe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts