Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 16 week old puppy chi and he is starting to loose his hair. He had a lot of hair on his chest and it is starting to come out. He is not completely bald but it almost looks like he is losing baby hair. I was wondering if they do loose some of their hair as babies. He is also loosing some on his shoulder blades.

Thanks for any advice,
Kari

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Well they will lose the puppy fur and they will shed. BUT it could be some critters. Is it patchy or kinda all over? Chi's also tend to be thin haired (short coats) in some places. Kemo shed a ton of hair in the spring, leaving his chest kinda bald and behind his legs. I am hoping it will grow back this winter.

Let us know if it's patchy or not

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Yes! they do loose their baby hair.
I mentioned this to my vet a while back when Sandy was getting her shots.
They told me she was gonna get her "Big Girl Hair" soon. LOL
I think it might be more noticable with long haird chis.
Just ask your vet when you take him in for shots. As long as he isn't itching alot or has completly bald spots he should be ok.
Oh, their tummys are usually bald anyway.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great!! :lol:
Thank you that is a relief. I think it is just baby hair because he is not itching at all and it doesn't seem to bother him.

Thanks again,
Kari

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.