Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Jack is now 14 weeks old and seems to be doing really well apart from one thing!
Every afternoon/early evening he seems to have a half hour or so of 'madness'. He starts growling and burying himself under cushions by digging and barking. If you touch him or go near him he tries to snap at you and growls or barks.

He seems to have learnt that biting is bad because he doesn't do it any other time (e.g. when you are petting him or cuddling him the rest of the time. He only does it during this madness phase.

Has anyone else experienced these problems and can anyone else offer any tips?
The rest of the time he is great and is doing really well with his training.

Thanks

Helen

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Hey Welcome
Erm Im sure someone else would give you some better advice more Im sure a few chihuahuas have 'crazy times' on here aswell, someone mentioned before their chi got hurt runnin at the wall! Welcome anyway
Im from London too
I think theres quite a few of us from London now too
xx Stef x

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you!

There's a chihuahua meetup in London on the 19th - you should come!

Helen and Jack

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
my advice. let him do his thing lol. i think it's pent up extra energy he is trying to get rid of. let him be. or if it really bothers you divert his attention. with maybe a squeeky toy or something.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I know it isn't funny but i bet it is funny to watch. My guess is nervous energy. If your chi isnt harming anything I would let him/her have his time. I dont understand the biting or growling unless its having such a good time it doesn't want to be stopped. :? Porsha has her weird moments :D

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
my lad has loads of 'mad half hours ' every day :D

( would love to get to the London meet up ( went to one before :D ) but
I don't finish work till 4pm and with traffic etc ,wouldn't be there till about
5pm :roll: :( )

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Auggie seems to have his major play madness at the same time everyday. It will include zoomies, fetch and attacking his bed sometimes Then he eats Then he sleeps :lol: :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts