Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I am finally back on here! haha. It's just that ever since the baby has come home, I have barely had any time to myself! between the waking up a bunch of times during the night because of her crying, to the constantly watching her to make sure she is safe, sound, and comfortable, there just hasn't been much time for the internet! LOL.

But, despite the hardships, I have never been happier to have her home with me! She is smart, cute, and will cuddle in my arms for hours. She just always wants attention, and she only really cries at night. She is fine in the car and with my retriever, and my bf is smitten as well. hehe

Anyway, enough gushing! LOL! forgive me!
And here are the pics!:

·
Registered
746 Posts
She is beautiful!!:love7: :D It took Mo a week or so to settle into a routine. After the first week or so he woke up only once a night to go outside, and just recently he has stopped his midnight pee and sleeps all night (he's five mos now, so about time!) So hopefully you'll get more sleep soon!

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
she is so beautiful! and with that beauty, you have the right to gush and brag allll you want :) as far as the crying at night, jumba didn't cry at all but chiwi did, i just gave up with putting her in her play pen at night after day 3 cause i was getting sleep deprivation from her crying lol.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well last night (which was night 3) the crying was less intense but there was still a LOT of it. lol. But there was a three hour stretch from 5-8 where she didn't cry at all. I am just not sure what is the right thing to do when it happens...I think that the thing I have found works best is to drape my hand down near the door of her crate every time she cries, and she will lick it and coo and then eventually lays down again with her stuffed toy.
I just don't want to pick her up every time she cries, because then she will think it is her crying that gets her picked up, and she will learn a very bad habit, lolw2g3V (Hallie just typed the end of that, hehe, so I left it there. I think it means "hi" in dog type

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I was lucky! we got Yoshi at 9wks and since his breeder was not very nice I think he was just happy to be somewhere he was loved so he has never whined at night.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts