Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone hand raised chihuahua puppies? If so how did this become tell your story. I have hand raised one litter I enjoy hearing others stories on hand raising. Maybe we can share with others who are or have been in are shoes and share are knowladge and help somebody out. It's a hard job yes but it has to be done and if we didn't do it who would?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I bottle fed Allie's puppies from the time they were 7 days old because Allie got sick. They all did very well and learned how to nurse on a bottle very quickly. I took them to work with me every day and bottle fed them every couple hours. They were all roly poly fat little puppies. And i have all 4 of them today! :) They will be 5 years old the 31st of this month. :)

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i only had to bottle feed 3 feedings to a few hour old chi. mama had a c-section (her body never recognized the pregnancy) the puppies heart rate started to drop so the vet's decided to give a c-section, afterward she didn't produce any milk or show any intrest in the newborn. so when i went to pick them up a few hours later i had to bottle feed and see which chi mama would foster. i was prepared to bottle feed and do al i had to do if we couldn't find a mama with milk (there was only 4 of the and 3 were in the weaning process) to adopt him. luckily one of the bitches who just had one puppy a few days before took him on as her own. so the 2 are growing up as brothers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts