Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK... So we've had some major icing here, and the power is out at my office. So they closed the office for the day and I am now at home in my recliner with my best little dude snuggled on my lap watching a movie! :hello1: this may not seem like a big deal to some, but I am a nurse, and we NEVER get weather related days off. This is a first for me!

Can you say happiness? How about content?
What could be better than an unplanned day off with my best friend?

(I think he's as happy as I am!)

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
We are at home also. We join you in thinking that it is great! Enjoy your guy and your day-nurses work HARD. You deserve a day!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! You enjoy as well! This was big storm! We got ice instead of snow... I'd rather the snow!

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
I'm at nurse too I never get snow related days off! Luckily I'm off today! Although they called me in but I couldn't get out of my driveway the snow on my lawn is literally up to my head im 5'6 lol still snowing too! Congrats on getting the day off I love snuggly time movies and chi kisses all around!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Good for you! That's a nice suprise....

Just rain here in NJ, but I'm looking forward to seeing the 3 Amigos when I get home! :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm at nurse too I never get snow related days off! Luckily I'm off today! Although they called me in but I couldn't get out of my driveway the snow on my lawn is literally up to my head im 5'6 lol still snowing too! Congrats on getting the day off I love snuggly time movies and chi kisses all around!
Oh man!!! That's a lot of snow! We have about a foot on the ground, now topped off with ice... We don't normally have this much here! Like I said, I don't mind the snow so much, its the ice that is a real issue...

Glad you are having a chi snuggly day at home, too!!!:D

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good for you! That's a nice suprise....

Just rain here in NJ, but I'm looking forward to seeing the 3 Amigos when I get home! :)
Hey, neighbor! Where a bouts in NJ are you? We spend a lot of time in South Jersey in the warmer weather. Can't wait for that!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Lucky you!!! I'm a nurse too and we never get time off. 3 shifts (mostly two though now since they've gone to 12 hour shifts hospital wide), every weekend, every holiday, 365 days a year. You know how it is!

About 3 hours north of here, they got a foot of snow (Kansas City) and they have enacted the national guard to get nurses and doctors at home - take them to work - and then take them home after their shifts. Nobody gets a snow day unfortunately if you work in the hospital!

Enjoy your day! Lucky you!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
One of the benefits of snow - snow days! :D For those that got time off, enjoy it. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts