Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The min I decided I was gong to get a another puppy after my Sissy passed. That was about two months later, we decided we would get one in the middle of summer, so we can go spend some time out of town at husbands family, (SAD they don't like dogs.) so I could never take my Sissy with us. but everyday I looked and looked the more I looked the more I wanted one now. my husband said I thought we were going to wait. He has been out of work for 11 months, and had time to go off visiting now the corn stove can be turned off warm weather. Then he got phone call from a job he applied at 11 months earlier, he got the job. well I wasn't going to be home all alone.
I was either gong to get Pomeranian or Chi. I called my vet see if she knew of a good breeder in area, she gave me name of guy that had chi-poms, so I went and the house (Old Trailer) was horrible condition, people very poor and there was so many different dogs I didn't think the puppy looked like chi-poms to me. He had two sets of puppy's. But very cute and big for it's age. So I told him OK I would take little girl. she wasn't to be ready for 4 more weeks. next day I seen add on Graig list for chi's ready to go. I went next day 2 hour drive and got my little girl Amberleah. Sad thing I thought she was too young but lady wanted them out. But house was clean and people weren't breeders, it was an oops and she took the daddy and got him spayed. I took my new baby to vet for her 1st check up and told her the condition of the house were she sent me for puppy. she had no idea. I am convinced it's a puppy mill. lots of dogs, one chi had two broken front legs they just flopped. they said vet couldn't do anything. I don't believe it, I think they didn't take her. I asked my vet she had no idea she has never seen any adult dogs just puppy's to get wormed and 1st shots. They had big dogs little dogs. all carpet was out of house they just had sub floor and was all peed on. Nasty. I feel bad I didn't get the little girl I was going to take,he wanted $200.00 for her. I paid $200.00 for Amberleah, but i feel good about the one I got. I am wondering should I report them to humane society.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Oh it sounds terrible ,yes report them these back street breeders shouldn't be allowed to breed,what are those poor dogs going through.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The vet office just opened 6 months ago, she really had no idea. She just knew he had some puppies just born. she didn't know he had lots of dogs. she dint know about the chi with two broken front legs she never seen any of them. I have feeling she will send someone to check out my story. But tomorrow I will report him. The people are so poor I think that's what they do to survive by breeding poor dogs. There so many dogs, how do they know who daddy is. they are all running around trailer together.. They live in the forest with very few neighbors. neither one of them husband and wife have any teeth.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Yes, report them. Be as specific as possible, things you saw, how they treated the animals, smells, food/water bowls etc.

Things like that can sometimes take forever to get resolved, it's the stupid way they operate within the legal system, this is clearly abuse and neglectful as well as harmful and dangerous for anyone involved (elimination for one is toxic in such condition).

Don't say anything to the breeders, you can even leave an anonymous tip if you're uncomfortable.

Don't feel bad about not getting the puppy there, animals from puppy mills tend to have many problems associated with them, not to say that your "accident baby" wont, but I think it's fair to assume chances are less. I know it feels like the right thing to do and we'd scoop up all the babies in the world if we could, but reporting them is the best thing you can do for that baby.

And if they were missing all their teeth it's fair to assume dogs aren't their biggest problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts