Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a month since we rescued Bella.Since she spent her life in a crate she was
never socialized, never taken outside, never exposed to other dogs, never stimulated
mentally or physically. Because of this it has been extremely challenging working
with her. She was terrified of every single thing, she did not know any commands, not
even the very basics such as "come", "no" or "sit", she was not potty trained even
though she is a year and a half old, and if you took her outside she would sit there
trembling in fear. I have been working with her literally every single day for the
last four weeks, non-stop, I gave it my all because I wanted nothing more than to see
her unafraid. Bella has a whole lot of work left, she is no where near "cured" so to
speak, BUT she has made tremendous progress. She now walks around my home without
being afraid(she used to sit in one spot and shake), even follows me to the bathroom
to make sure I don't fall in,lol, she knows "come", "no", "stay" commands, and some basic
words such as "walk", "food" and "treat", she goes outside 4 times per day and ENJOYS
it, no more shaking or trembling, she is learning to love life, she is learning to
live without fear. I wish you knew just how proud I am of her progress, I never had a
rescue that needed such intense desensitizing, socializing and training(and we've had
some tough cases, agressive, abused, etc) we literally worked from 4am to bed time,
every day, I even incorporated some training into my work time, my shower time and
even dishwashing time. I want to share with you a video and pictures of wonderful
Bella today at the race track simply being a dog...something I have wanted for her
with all my heart. This is a very strong and intelligent dog, if she can accomplish
and overcome so much in such a short time, can you imagine the possibilities? I
really want to share this video and photos with you, so you could get an idea of how
much things have improved in the life of an angel. :love2:

Arrived at our destination.

Wondering if she should walk or stay near her safe spot.

Ok mom, I'll walk with you

Taking a look around first.

Little heartbeat at papa's feet.

Hubby & the boys.

Running free.

Catch me!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh these smell so yummy!You have to take time to smell the flowers, you know!

Mom, come smell the flowers with me.

I like exploring.

And sniffing around.

Mom, look what I found! An old tennis ball!

Big brothers Rocky & Benji smiling big after chasing some groundhogs.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bella, always watching her dear papa.

And following his every step.

Time to go home for some yummies!

:)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Where was Miss Chanel? Not like her to not be in all the pictures! LOL.

Bella looks like she is doing so well! I cannot tell you how much it warms my heart to see her being a dog and living despite her struggles. You have done such wonderful things with her, and it has only been one month! I love the video, she is so tiny that she looks like a little white spot running around, you cannot even tell she's a dog. It is too cute. I love how adoring she is towards both you and hubby- it shows in every picture, video, and story that she worships the ground you guys walk on and wants nothing more than to please you. It is adorable. She is pretty cute when she runs, too.

Benji and Rocky are looking lovely as usual. I never have enough words to say how graceful and beautiful they are.

Thanks for keeping us up to date on Bella's progress. I for one have fallen in love with her (and I know I am not the only one!) and I love seeing how well she is doing and all the progress she is making with her mama, papa, brothers, and sister.

PS- has anyone ever told Hubby that he kind of looks like Prince Harry? Or is that just me, LOL.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Chanel had her 4 walks today. This was a walk just so I could film Bella
for you guys. Chanel is an active girl but a fifth walk would have been border
line cruel. Thank you for your encouragement and kind words. I love this little
munchkin so much and am so happy for her. Haha, yes EVERYONE tells hubby
he looks like Prince Harry, it's alright he likes it. :)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Chanel had her 4 walks today. This was a walk just so I could film Bella
for you guys. Chanel is an active girl but a fifth walk would have been border
line cruel. Thank you for your encouragement and kind words. I love this little
munchkin so much and am so happy for her. Haha, yes EVERYONE tells hubby
he looks like Prince Harry, it's alright he likes it. :)
Aw, Chanel got to have the house all to herself. I love having the house to myself :)

You are so welcome. I am the kind of person that believes that if I admire/respect/agree with something or someone, I tell them. I want to encourage others to do the best for themselves, their families, and their dogs no matter what. I'd want them to do that for me to, which you definitely do.

How could hubby NOT like being told he looks like Harry? Harry is a cutie ;)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Oh my goodness, she is so happy!!! You can just see it in her face. The picture of her walking alongside your husband is too cute. She's a lucky girl. :)

Thanks for posting - I always enjoy seeing her progress. It looks like she's come a very long way already.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
You truly have the heart of an angel. This is what rescuing is all about. Showi g them the good side of life and that not all humans are cruel and demeaning. She will now live a comforting life filled joy and love.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
You can see the excitment in her when shes running free and just being a dog. She looks like a lil pink rabbit sometimes in the video when shes running. She is just too adoreable!!!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Aw, Chanel got to have the house all to herself. I love having the house to myself :)

You are so welcome. I am the kind of person that believes that if I admire/respect/agree with something or someone, I tell them. I want to encourage others to do the best for themselves, their families, and their dogs no matter what. I'd want them to do that for me to, which you definitely do.

How could hubby NOT like being told he looks like Harry? Harry is a cutie ;)

Awww you are so good at making me smile! :)
Thanks Ashley.

Oh my goodness, she is so happy!!! You can just see it in her face. The picture of her walking alongside your husband is too cute. She's a lucky girl. :)

Thanks for posting - I always enjoy seeing her progress. It looks like she's come a very long way already.

Thank you! That is my favorite picture actually, I love the whole "big guy, tiny dog" thing, it looks sweet. :love2:

You truly have the heart of an angel. This is what rescuing is all about. Showi g them the good side of life and that not all humans are cruel and demeaning. She will now live a comforting life filled joy and love.

So kind of you to say! You know I'm so excited to see what the future holds
for her, she's accomplished so much already, I'm overwhelmed with joy.

Aww so happy!!! We got our specials rescue girls one week apart!!
We did! Talking about your girl, I'd love to see more pics or maybe a video?
If I were you, I would take a bunch of shots of your girls near that stunning
pond of yours. I'm so in love with it, I'm still thinking about it. :cloud9:

You can see the excitment in her when shes running free and just being a dog. She looks like a lil pink rabbit sometimes in the video when shes running. She is just too adoreable!!!
Haha, little pink rabbit thanks to Aunty Elaine. :bunny: I like pink on her, it suits her, don't you think?

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am just so happy! This makes me smile SO BIG! :D GO BELLA!!!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She really does! Such a champ! :)
She's snuggled on my chest right now, fast asleep from all the excitement. I
have to remind myself to stop kissing her often, she's just irresistible. Haha,
actually everyone here loves to give her tons of kisses, Chanel & Benji both like
to clean Bella's face & eyes, and hubby gives her lots of tummy kisses. We're all
nuts about her. :cloud9:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Bless you for giving sweet little Bella such a wonderful life! She is SO adorable! What a resiliant little soul, to be willing to take a chance at loving and trusting again. We could all stand to learn a thing or two from our 4-legged family members! While looking at the pictures, I was smiling ear to ear at my computer screen! Thank you for sharing Bella's journey! :)

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
would you look at that?!?! She has really come so far! What an accomplishment for her. It brings tears to my eyes to think about the life she had before and the life she has now, as well as all the changes she's conquered. What a sweet baby girl. LS, you are such a wonderful person with a loving heart.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
It's great to see Bella look so very happy. I love the photo of the your husband and Bella walking away from the camera--it looks like an album cover.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Awww go Bella go its so good to see her having fun with her big brother's. LS i can see you have put in a lot of hour's with her training and its working. She came right back to you when you called her. Bella is just gorgeous and look's like she has a lovely personality she is a lucky girl to have you as her mom BIG HUGS to both of you x

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
its fantastic how Bella found the perfect home. she loves you, your hubby, Chanel, her brothers. and you and all of them love her !!! its just the best there could be !!
( oh, and i love how the little pink ruffled tank looks on her :) )

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Oh LS, the miracles you've worked on this girl! Reminds me of Princess Diaries.... keep up the good work. She's a beautiful itty bitty thing. It's such a rewarding feeling to see them "bloom." My Sushi roll was a caged breeder dog her whole life and at age 4 she was freed; same thing, was terrified of everything as it was always new to her. Now, it's so fun to see her eyes light up with excitement as you can tell she's still "excited to be happy." I was worried that she might have some difficulty adjusting to the move; but she learns from example and scurries about the house like a little mouse; trying to be unnoticed until you've sat down; then she "sneaks" onto your lap for a belly rub. So I definitely can relate to the pride you must feel for Bella!! It takes a special kind of person to dedicate so much time to their dogs well-being; and that is why I love you and am very happy to consider you my friend. <3 Keep up the great work!! =D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts