Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who would have knew? 7 years ago Midgie's mom had an emergency c-section because Midgie was stuck in the birth canal. Pregnant with 5 pups, Midgie was pulled 1st only to be set on the table still in the sac. Her 2 sisters (one tan, one chocolate) & her 2 brothers (one tan, one chocolate), pulled next. The vet had called all hands on deck so as the pups were pulled, they were handed to a tech who rubbed them to life. Lastly, Midgie's sac was taken off (I was so nervous), then she rubbed to life (Yes, she was alive). She was a blueish-gray color (so different from the others).

A month later I had to be rushed to the hospital. Pregnant with twins, they were trying to come at 26 weeks. My brother & his girlfriend excitedly took the pups & mom & cared for them for the two weeks I was in the hospital.

When I got home I had a tough decision of whether to keep or give away. I didn't think I could handle a pup, their mother & my new born twins, so I gave them all away. My mom got first pick of the litter & chose Midgie. Midgie moved up north to PA to live with my mom for about 7 months. The pups mom wasn't doing well after having the pups. She got milk fever & died 10 months after with a tumor on her spleen the size of an orange. I was completely devastated & worst of all, now I was chi-less!!!

Long story short, complications with my mom caused me to babysit Midgie & her Corgi for a while, then when it was time to return them, my mom reluctantly said I could keep Midgie because she was mine anyway. We haven't been apart since.

I love this baby more than words!! Happy 7th birthday & many more!!!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Oh wow Lisa, what a story! I had no idea.

Happy Birthday Midgie! I wish you a happy, healthy, long life. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.