Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My baby girl Tink turned 1 today! Just wanted to share of few pics of her over the past year. If some of you may remember Tink is extra special(not that all my babies aren't special) because right after we got her at 8 weeks old she came down with parvo and survived it only weighing 8 oz. So she is lucky to be reaching this age at all!

Baby Tink...

Tink now...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY GIRL!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
What a gorgeous and strong miracle girl. She must have been quite the fighter to beat Parvo! And I'm sure she has a very dedicated mama.
HAPPY 1ST TINK!

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Happy Birthday Tink, you are one very cute lucky little girl

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Quinn and Zoey's Mom! She was definately a fighter and so were we! We lost a 1 yr old chi to parvo right after Tink got over it so we know even more how lucky she is from that.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Oh that must have been devastating. I'm assuming they weren't vaccinated right? I've never heard of a dog getting Parvo after vaccination but its probably possible. Oh god its SUCH a scary disease and SO easily transmittable. Frightens me to my core. But its also hard because the key period for socializing a dog is until 16 weeks! And sometimes pups don't have all the vaccines until then...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Happy B-day to little Tink! She's definately a fighter and adorable as well!

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quinn~
Well, with the one year old,
had definately been vaccinated. My vet said that at that time there was a new strand of parvo going around that apparently the vaccine wasn't fighting. With Tink, she had had 1 set of shots and that wasn't enough to build up the resistance. I am still in shock as to how she survived it but she did. And our poor Ariel(the one we lost) fought til the end, but just couldn't do it. Parvo is super scary and I still worry everyday that we will have to deal with it again. We no longer live in the home where we had the outbreaks as it burned in July, I always worried that we hadn't fully gotten rid of it. Now in our new home we have had no problems, so hopefully we won't have to deal with that again.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Wow that is so scary! Oh man. I'm sorry you had to deal with that and lose one. Amazing Tink survived!
I've never had to deal with Parvo in one of my own and hope never to have to!

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Happy Birthday Tink. It's been a rough year for you. I wish you all the best from here on out.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts