Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Happy Chi Mother's Day!!!

Toby is at his grandma's house while I study for my exam tomorrow (only two more to go!). I'm going to go eat dinner over there. Unfortunately, since I have an exam at 8 am I won't get to spend a ton of time with her. But I promised I will make it up to her starting Thursday (my last final is Wednesday).

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Happy Mother's Day to you too!!

Your babies all look beautiful Z!

I got to talk to my mom for a few minutes this morning after she got home from church. Mother's day somehow makes me sad since I moved to TX. Sunday is the only day I don't usually talk to my mom in WV 5 to 6 times because they always are busy visiting friends after church, and their Sunday afternoon nap of course.

I think after I get my school work done I am going to go to one of the nursing homes in my town and see if someone just needs a visitor. Perhaps someone who is not going to get a visitor for Mother's day.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Happy chi mother's day twin! and a happy mother's day to your mom!!!!
The babies all look so beautiful. I wish you a great day next to your family. xox

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Happy Chi Mother's Day!!!

Toby is at his grandma's house while I study for my exam tomorrow (only two more to go!). I'm going to go eat dinner over there. Unfortunately, since I have an exam at 8 am I won't get to spend a ton of time with her. But I promised I will make it up to her starting Thursday (my last final is Wednesday).
Good luck on your last two exams!! And enjoy your dinner tonight with Toby and your mom!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I got to talk to my mom for a few minutes this morning after she got home from church. Mother's day somehow makes me sad since I moved to TX. Sunday is the only day I don't usually talk to my mom in WV 5 to 6 times because they always are busy visiting friends after church, and their Sunday afternoon nap of course.

I think after I get my school work done I am going to go to one of the nursing homes in my town and see if someone just needs a visitor. Perhaps someone who is not going to get a visitor for Mother's day.
Thanks Amy! That sounds like such a sweet idea! I'm sure they would be happy to have you visit! Hope you hear from you mom again later today!

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Happy chi mother's day twin! and a happy mother's day to your mom!!!!
The babies all look so beautiful. I wish you a great day next to your family. xox
Thanks Mayra! Happy Mother's Day to your momma too! We had lots I sunshine in our bedroom so I had to snap some shots for everyone!!

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love your crew SO much!!! Little Mimi is adorable! Her outfit/collar/name tag..omg! Happy Chi Mama's Day :)

Also do your pups have their own instagram? I love seeing pics of them!
Awwwww thank you!! Isn't meemers getting big???
My Instagram is zoki1125, it's mostly chi pics with very few pics of anything else, feel free to add me. ;)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Awwwww thank you!! Isn't meemers getting big???
My Instagram is zoki1125, it's mostly chi pics with very few pics of anything else, feel free to add me. ;)

She is definitely growing up!! I love it! I just followed you in instagram! I post a LOT of Chi pictures too lol I cant wait to see more of your crew!

·
Registered
382 Posts

My mother spent the last 3 1/2 years of her life in a nursing home. I had many opportunities to observe the interaction of elderly patients, often with major dementia, with canine visitors. I can assure you that the patients genuinely enjoy seeing and petting the dogs. It's one of those things which bring back happy recollections of their younger and more functional years.....

·
Registered
3,561 Posts

My mother spent the last 3 1/2 years of her life in a nursing home. I had many opportunities to observe the interaction of elderly patients, often with major dementia, with canine visitors. I can assure you that the patients genuinely enjoy seeing and petting the dogs. It's one of those things which bring back happy recollections of their younger and more functional years.....
I actually called a couple different nursing homes and explained what I wanted to do and asked if I could bring Jaxx. We found a really nice nursing facility that was excited to have us come visit. We spent several hours this evening visiting with several elderly people. Jaxx loved the attention too. I wish I had taken some pictures but wasn't sure if it was okay to do so. I think Jaxx and I will make this a regular thing when we have some extra time.
It wasn't spending the day with my mom but it made me feel great spending time there.

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
I actually called a couple different nursing homes and explained what I wanted to do and asked if I could bring Jaxx. We found a really nice nursing facility that was excited to have us come visit. We spent several hours this evening visiting with several elderly people. Jaxx loved the attention too. I wish I had taken some pictures but wasn't sure if it was okay to do so. I think Jaxx and I will make this a regular thing when we have some extra time.
It wasn't spending the day with my mom but it made me feel great spending time there.

My mothers health deteriorated quickly since last Thanksgiving and unfortunately she passed away about three weeks ago. She spent the last months of her life in either the hospital or nursing faculty. However, the nursing facility did allow dogs with documentation of health. My mom loved seeing Lady and Prince. They just snuggled on her bed and she petted them while we chatted during a visit in January. It was very sweet. I think the dogs are great theraphy and no matter how bad her condition, she always asked about the dogs.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts