Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
she wasn't all that happy when I was snapping the pics. she was waiting for me to feed her breakfast. now, they are all happily fed and laying in the sun :) .

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Happy Saturday sexy ladies :D

How old are your girls btw?
the girls say thank you ! time has flown by so quickly... they are 7 years and 7 months old now. ( Minnie and Tootsie ). My yorkie is 7 years and 4 months old, and my youngest one Ellie is 14 months old.

how old is Baby and how is he doing ?

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Yay I'm so glad you found it. What a cute tank! I can't wait to get mine. Poor Toots, good thing you fed her. I am s bad momma and still laying in bed and haven't fed mine yet. Good news is they are in bed comfy with me. Now I may have to consider possibly getting the other color too.
Awe Ellie Mae is just a baby. She told me you may have to reconsider and in a year find her a play mate so she has someone closer to her age :). And she said if you can find one hers or her sister Lattes size they will share outfits :)

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yay I'm so glad you found it. What a cute tank! I can't wait to get mine. Poor Toots, good thing you fed her. I am s bad momma and still laying in bed and haven't fed mine yet. Good news is they are in bed comfy with me. Now I may have to consider possibly getting the other color too.
Awe Ellie Mae is just a baby. She told me you may have to reconsider and in a year find her a play mate so she has someone closer to her age :). And she said if you can find one hers or her sister Lattes size they will share outfits :)
haha. its fo funny when you showed me the pics of the tops. I didn't recognize it at first but then kept thinking... that one looks so familiar. lol. I do love it. its so comfy on Tootsie. Tootsie loves that style with the large armholes. and the little crystals on it make it look so pretty too. its very lightweight, perfect for real hot days .

hehe. i'm so tempted to get another girl ... another little one her size. I suppose its not totally out of the question... :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Awe Ellie Mae is just a baby. She told me you may have to reconsider and in a year find her a play mate so she has someone closer to her age
. And she said if you can find one hers or her sister Lattes size they will share outfits
haha. its fo funny when you showed me the pics of the tops. I didn't recognize it at first but then kept thinking... that one looks so familiar. lol. I do love it. its so comfy on Tootsie. Tootsie loves that style with the large armholes. and the little crystals on it make it look so pretty too. its very lightweight, perfect for real hot days .

hehe. i'm so tempted to get another girl ... another little one her size. I suppose its not totally out of the question...
Nope it sure isn't lol. I'm a bad influence. If I ever got another I'd want one Ava's size too and hopefully with the same crazy personality. Luckily Brax and her are like best buds, but Brax is very chill and Ava gets on her nerves sometimes.
I was surprised to see how different the chart is compared to current LD chart. I'll have to see how things fit and that way you'll know if you should get Ellie a bow tank, cause it is so cute. The beige gingham would be perfect for her. Maybe I'll get my package before Wednesday. I hope.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope it sure isn't lol. I'm a bad influence. If I ever got another I'd want one Ava's size too and hopefully with the same crazy personality. Luckily Brax and her are like best buds, but Brax is very chill and Ava gets on her nerves sometimes.
I was surprised to see how different the chart is compared to current LD chart. I'll have to see how things fit and that way you'll know if you should get Ellie a bow tank, cause it is so cute. The beige gingham would be perfect for her. Maybe I'll get my package before Wednesday. I hope.
lol. I look at the breeder I got Ellie from at her puppies all the time and am so tempted ... but , 4 is a lot for me to handle by myself and I think 5 will just feel like too much. if I was living with Peter and he was helping me, it would be different but I only see him on the weekends and he loves all the dogs and they love him too.

the size chart even from one of these older styles to another really varies too.
like the tank with the gingham bow... it says its over an inch longer which would be fine, but , the chest part is 1/2 inch smaller , so not sure if it would be too snug on Toots.
and , the Lucky dog shirt says Tootsie size is over 1 1/2 inches smaller in the chest and an inch smaller in the neck... that may def. be too small on her. it could be Minnies size but not sure .. hmmm , its so hard to be sure
I will wait till you get your things

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aww, almost as old as my old man hihi...Baby turned 8 this summer ! Mummy no liki :p but he is very healthy, and is living very well with his loose knees..
ya, I don't like seeing them get older also, but 8 is still young for the small breeds. Tootsie has grey/white hair all around her face that she never had before ... Glad to hear Baby is healthy. I know he must be so happy being spoiled. mine are too

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
lol. I look at the breeder I got Ellie from at her puppies all the time and am so tempted ... but , 4 is a lot for me to handle by myself and I think 5 will just feel like too much. if I was living with Peter and he was helping me, it would be different but I only see him on the weekends and he loves all the dogs and they love him too.

the size chart even from one of these older styles to another really varies too.
like the tank with the gingham bow... it says its over an inch longer which would be fine, but , the chest part is 1/2 inch smaller , so not sure if it would be too snug on Toots.
and , the Lucky dog shirt says Tootsie size is over 1 1/2 inches smaller in the chest and an inch smaller in the neck... that may def. be too small on her. it could be Minnies size but not sure .. hmmm , its so hard to be sure
I will wait till you get your things
Yeah I guess it depends on the person. I don't have a hard time with 4, even when I was by myself. They are pretty easy going. If I ever get a 5th it'd have to be small though. Does Ellie's breeder ever have long coats?

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I guess it depends on the person. I don't have a hard time with 4, even when I was by myself. They are pretty easy going. If I ever get a 5th it'd have to be small though. Does Ellie's breeder ever have long coats?

yes, Ellies breeder has both long coats and short coats. I think actually she has more long coats than short coats. but, most are bigger than Ellie. sometimes she will have a tiny one though but she never would say for sure cause you never know for sure when they are that young how they will grow. but, she's a very experienced breeder. she's been breeding for many many years , so , she does know her dogs and what they usually produce for puppies...

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
yes, Ellies breeder has both long coats and short coats. I think actually she has more long coats than short coats. but, most are bigger than Ellie. sometimes she will have a tiny one though but she never would say for sure cause you never know for sure when they are that young how they will grow. but, she's a very experienced breeder. she's been breeding for many many years , so , she does know her dogs and what they usually produce for puppies...

Yeah Ava was one of those charting 2.5 lbs when I got her at 3 months. She ended up a lb more. Still tiny though. At least compared to my older 2. You really never know and it's just a wait and see most of the time lol. I rarely come across chi's charting in 2 and 3lbs range. Seems the average is 4 to 6. Best way is to get a little bit older pup to have the best idea. Im friends on Fb with a very experienced breeder in southern Illinois and her long coats are some of the most beautiful I've seen. But none of her chi's are tiny. They look to be small 4 lbs and up range. But they're the most widely uniquely colored long coats I've come across. And they all live inside with their breeder. Looks like they live the good life 😍always so happy

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah Ava was one of those charting 2.5 lbs when I got her at 3 months. She ended up a lb more. Still tiny though. At least compared to my older 2. You really never know and it's just a wait and see most of the time lol. I rarely come across chi's charting in 2 and 3lbs range. Seems the average is 4 to 6. Best way is to get a little bit older pup to have the best idea. Im friends on Fb with a very experienced breeder in southern Illinois and her long coats are some of the most beautiful I've seen. But none of her chi's are tiny. They look to be small 4 lbs and up range. But they're the most widely uniquely colored long coats I've come across. And they all live inside with their breeder. Looks like they live the good life ��always so happy
was the breeder in Chicago Tiny Haven ? I almost bought from her instead of Ellies breeder but it fell through. not a good thing . wasn't happy about it but don't want to say too much... but, was extremely happy with Ellies breeder so it all worked out for the best :).

here's a longcoat Ellies breeder has available right now. she says she's charting to be 3 1/2 pounds. Ellies breeder was very accurate about Ellie. I said it didn't matter, I would love her no matter what size but she was correct and Ellie went by the chart exactly

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
was the breeder in Chicago Tiny Haven ? I almost bought from her instead of Ellies breeder but it fell through. not a good thing . wasn't happy about it but don't want to say too much... but, was extremely happy with Ellies breeder so it all worked out for the best :).

here's a longcoat Ellies breeder has available right now. she says she's charting to be 3 1/2 pounds. Ellies breeder was very accurate about Ellie. I said it didn't matter, I would love her no matter what size but she was correct and Ellie went by the chart exactly

Yes! Tiny Haven located in Illinois. She's not a personal friend only a Facebook friend. Def pm me in what happened with that. I'd like to know for future reference. I can't believe the chi you were getting from her fell through.

The little long coat chi from Ellie's breeder is very pretty😍

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes! Tiny Haven located in Illinois. She's not a personal friend only a Facebook friend. Def pm me in what happened with that. I'd like to know for future reference. I can't believe the chi you were getting from her fell through.

The little long coat chi from Ellie's breeder is very pretty��
i'll tell you tomorrow. Peter should be here in about an hour and its kinda a long story ...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts