Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we just moved to VA and went to the local SPCA because they have a petting zoo and the entry fee benefits the dogs/rabbits/cats/birds up for adoption. The petting zoo was great for my daughter. On the way to the petting zoo, you pass through all the animals up for adoption. It really broke my heart. Zeus was the first Chi or pet for that matter (other then my ferret) that I didn't adopt from the shelter that I use to foster at. Going to the SPCA really brought back a lot of memories. Seeing all those dogs up for adoption broke my heart. I know with a 3 year old and a new baby on the way, now isn't the time for another dog. My daughter, Zeus, 2 cats and a ferret is about the max I can do right now. Maybe in the future, I'll get Zeus a buddy. It's just so hard to resist animals that need homes. We saw this beautiful Dalmation and it just broke my heart.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
I know exactly what you mean, If I had the room my house would be full!! In fact I cant wait til we get a house someday I might turn it into a chi nursery. Maybe I will get one BIG dog to protect them while they are out in the yard like a Border Collie to herd the troups and russell them up :lol:

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Kemo's mamma said:
Maybe I will get one BIG dog to protect them while they are out in the yard like a Border Collie to herd the troups and russell them up :lol:
Hehe, that is a great idea!!!!

I know it would be so hard not to go home with another dog or cat after seeing them all in the kennels. I can't go into one of those places because I know I would have to take one home. I am such a suck!

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
I know what you meen I have a 2 year old, 2 dogs & a cat & yet Im going to adopt the cocker spaniel that wondered into my yard. If you didnt know about him you can read my post in the General Chat section "not about chis but important".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts