Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had to make the hardest decision ever..... My breeder called and said 2 of her pups had turned out longcoats. I already know which one I am getting, my wee Zola that I have posted pics of and he's shirt cost. anyway..... she said she did not expect any longcoats and one was for a wee girl who is really ill. Like she takes pills everyday and stuff. Anyway this little girl does not want a longcoat so my breeder hang around everyone and managed to swap them all over so that she can have this short coat black and tan girl so now the girl doesnt want a black one. Wjats odes she wnt..... my dog. So my breeder asked if i would swap but said I didnt have to feel as if i had to but it would be helping her out and that the little girl and all her family have been on the phone all upset at my breeder. So anyway... I totally love black and tans and thats what my first chose in colour would have been but this pup is a girl. Mine is a boy AHhhhhhhh...now can you see the dilema. I've always wanted a boy. Anyway I've made the decision I told the breeder no I would not swap. Now I feel bad but Zola is the one I held the one I feel in love with and the one I have bought loads of blue things for. ahhhhhhhh...... I'm still feel so confused and like what should I have done. I spoke to my boyfriend and my best friend and they were like if you want Zola then tell her no your nto swaping. I really hope I've done the right thing but already he feels like my wee boy

*Vicky :(

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
You are doing the right thing. It's too bad this girl has chosen to put her breeder in this situation but I'm sure the breeder told her from the beginning that your dog was already spoken for. Actually I think it's a bit nervy of the girl to ask for your dog. Things happen when living beings are born, there aren't any guarantees that everything is going to be perfect. The girl can settle for one of the puppies not picked yet or wait for another litter or ask for a refund. She still has lots of options.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I agree with Tinker. You should stick with the pup you want. There are other puppies for the little girl to choose from and if Zola was already spoken for she shouldn't even be asking you to swap puppies. He's taken already. I think it almost sounds like they are trying to guilt you out of your puppy by telling you this little sick girl wants it. (I don't mean to sound mean but...that's what it sounds like.)

Those people shouldn't be mad at the breeder - like Tinker said there are no guarantees right?

Stick with Zola in my opinion!!! :wave:

Dont' feel bad :)

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
you're right not to swap !!!

i feel sorry for the girl,but she doesn't have to use her disease as a way to get what she wants!! she has to be glad with what she can get!!
you stick yo your chi girl !!! and don't feel a bit bad about it :wink:

kisses nat

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
awww... i;ve calmed down a bit now. I feel betetr and I feel like I really have made the right choice. All the puppies are taken but the one that she had picked turned out to be long haired, so she was upset and said I dont want that. So the breeder managed to swap them all about so that this little girl could have a shirt hair. The black one then she was like nooo but I dont want a black one. Bascially I think she saw mine and wanted him. She also said another of her dogs is pregnant so she could have one of that litter when there born but she wouldnt settle for that either. She even had her granmother making my breeder feel bad.
Anyway I asked a few of my friends also and they were like that sounds like all lies. Maybe someone saw Zola and becuz he is so different looking to most chi's they offered alot of money for him

Whow knows. But I totally am not giving him up, I told her that and she was like ok, thats fine I couldnt expect you to give him up now that you've seen him and been promised him. She was like really it's fine

*Vicky*

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
I cant believe the breeder even had the cheek to ask you - :twisted: at the end of the day you choose that one its not like buying a loaf of bread you cant just swop for a different make :roll:

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
You did make the right decision in keeping Zola you picked the puppy & were promised that one so there is no reason that you should have to give him up because the breeder was given a hard time from some other people I personally would love a long coat chi. Dont feel bad just enjoy YOUR puppy.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
paint my world said:
All the puppies are taken but the one that she had picked turned out to be long haired, so she was upset and said I dont want that. So the breeder managed to swap them all about so that this little girl could have a shirt hair. The black one then she was like nooo but I dont want a black one. Bascially I think she saw mine and wanted him. She also said another of her dogs is pregnant so she could have one of that litter when there born but she wouldnt settle for that either. She even had her granmother making my breeder feel bad.
Anyway I asked a few of my friends also and they were like that sounds like all lies. Maybe someone saw Zola and becuz he is so different looking to most chi's they offered alot of money for him
Couldn't have put it better...it doesn't sound like a sick girl to me, more like a spoiled brat. Good for you, don't give up your pup and don't feel bad about it either!

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Agree with everyone You made a choice and you should not swap. I don't think the breeder should even have asked She should have told the other people that puppy was already spoken for. ENJOY YOUR BABY :D

·
Registered
257 Posts
It all sounds fishy to me, too.

It sounds like your breeder has been offerred more money for your Zola than she agreed to take from you. Keep an eye on her, she sounds like she's unscrupulous. Next thing, your Zola will be getting "sick".... and you'll be offerred another dog.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Couldn't have put it better...it doesn't sound like a sick girl to me, more like a spoiled brat. Good for you, don't give up your pup and don't feel bad about it either!
To true, just coz the girl is sick (which i doubt she is) that does not mean she can treat the pups like accesorise! stick to ur little boy!!
If i was the breader i would not sell her a puppy, its obvious that she just sees them as an object.

Love and hugs

S xXx

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
definatly sounds a little fishy to me, seesm like this girl, sick or not, it tryign to use some big sob story to get what she wants...breeders can be put under so much stress when people decide to be like this, it realy annoys me! they know that there not the only ones on a waiting list so why try and guilt the breeder because the puppy the depsited on didnt turn out exactly the way they wanted, you got one of three options, take the one you origonally wanted, take one thats looking for a home or wait for the next litter.

i think you did the right thing, zola is YOUR baby and you have EVERY right to pamper him and dont let anyone mak eyou feel guilty about it!

·
Registered
642 Posts
foxywench said:
definatly sounds a little fishy to me, seesm like this girl, sick or not, it tryign to use some big sob story to get what she wants...breeders can be put under so much stress when people decide to be like this, it realy annoys me! they know that there not the only ones on a waiting list so why try and guilt the breeder because the puppy the depsited on didnt turn out exactly the way they wanted, you got one of three options, take the one you origonally wanted, take one thats looking for a home or wait for the next litter.

i think you did the right thing, zola is YOUR baby and you have EVERY right to pamper him and dont let anyone mak eyou feel guilty about it!
I completely agree, when you are buying a dog you should get the one YOU WANT. You shouldn't have to sacrifice the pup you have chosen for anything. I think it was kind of rude of the breeder even to ask you to switch. She should have just told the girl all the other dogs have already been placed and left it at that.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:wink: just on the swapping pups note...

When I went to pick up Stinky from the breeder she brought two puppies out..Stinky and one fawn smooth coat girl a bit smaller...she put them both on the bed and then she asked me..which one do you want?? I was like.. :shock: huh?...I said..Stinky is mine..that one :? (pointing at Stinky) and she's like..Are you sure?.. :shock: I didn't know what she was trying to do..I was like..yeah, we've been looking at his face for weeks, there is no way we'll switch!! :shock:

:scratch: I never quite understood why she did that...she was kinda fishy all the way we dealt with her...so, once again, stay your ground and keep an eye on the breeder.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts