Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to need a harness for my girl straight away. I need to get a carrier because I'll have to take both of the puppies on the bus on a Friday. So, I'll need to have a harness for her for safety in the carrier. So, I want one that will fit her. She's currently just over 1lb at 6 weeks and I'll be getting her at 8 weeks. I need a harness that isn't too expensive but will adjust a bit so she won't grow out of it straight away. Any ideas?

Now...what else do I need to get her? Other than pink and purple things! I have some toys for her, lots of beds, I bought a playpen that she or both of them can go in depending how they get on and how quickly they get accustomed to each other. I think I need a kong for her because I use Mylo's most days so she'll need her own.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I might have a few small harnesses that fit Daisy when she was a puppy. And I could add more velcro for more adjustable fit. But it would take a while to get to you. I have heard of people using ferret harnesses too.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I really like Red Dingo harnesses. Have just ordered Rocky another one :). It's really well adjustable.

If you are using a ferret harness or rabbit harness make sure it has a belly strap (the one that connects the neck part and the girth between her front legs, so opposite to the back strap).

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mylo has a back strap one and it's ok now but when he was smaller it used to twist and I don't think that would be good if she's hooked to a bag by it. Thanks Elaine. It's very nice but I was hoping for something a bit more cheap and simple until she gets a bit bigger. That might be good Ginger...I don't pick her up for a couple of weeks. How long does it take to ship?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Melissa, I'm not sure, I've only shipped to Canada so far. Let me see what I have and I can take some pictures and message to them to you. These are used by Daisy so there might be a few stains on them.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I used a farret harness too, at major pet stores for around $10, they come with a very light leash also, some stores even carry kitten harnesses witch are stronger

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

1 - 10 of 10 Posts