Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the girls can out outside for the first time this weekend! We are super psyched to take them to a lil park or somethin. Bella has grown drastically since we first got her harness, and I am not sure it fits her anymore. Or maybe it does, and I'm just used to the AMAZING fit of Izzie's harness. Here are pics.

Does it still fit her? Or is it too small now?

Izzie's amazing fit with her harness-

I like how far back on Izzie's body her harness is, although I'm not sure it's "supposed" to be like that. But Bella's seems like it's RIGHT behind her front legs, not sure how comfy it'll be.

Either way, I know Bella is due for one soon. What harness fits a lil more like Izzie's does? Bella is longer in the body than normal, but I'd still like to find one that fits her more like that...

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
It does look like its getting a little small to me

·
Registered
730 Posts
She's So cute! In the first photo it looks a little too small right behind her front legs. Looks like time for harness shopping. I do love new harness shopping. ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think Bella's harness is too small.. It look's like it may rub under her leg's and be a lil uncomfy for her :) Izzie's harness look's like a better fit :D They're very nice, they look like they're padded and comfy..

·
Registered
124 Posts
Not wanting to hijack your thread, do you mind if I ask how is a harness supposed to fit? I've never had dogs that needed one before, but I'll be getting one for my chi pup-to-come.

Your photos are really useful, I can see the difference between each dog's harness, but I wouldn't have known which one was correct! (Those harnesses are really lovely btw.)

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
I found Zoeys over the head harness were to small when it was a struggle to get it over her head. Now I get the puppia step in harnesses.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I'll prolly get the step in's when they are adults, as they are a lil more expensive. They don't like the over the heads.. Lol. Bella is just so long, and she's already shaped somewhat like an adult with the bigger chest. If she wasn't so long, it'd fit her.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I got the girls matching ipuppyone harnesses. An XS from Izzie, and a S for Bella. They are both pretty big for the girls. The XS Puppia fits a little better on Bella, but I think it just seems that way because the sides go up further. But the small is pretty big on her right? What should I be using for her when we go out? The XS or small?

Izzie's XS ipuppyone harness seems to fit her better-

Here is the Small on her-

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Use the small, but do you or someone you know have a sewing machine that can make the chest strap shorter? I had to do that for Trigger at first w/ the Smalls, and to this day, for Bryco. Bryco has a giant noggin' but tiny everything else so the XS really doesn't fit over his head.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I knew the XS was too small, but wasn't sure if it was doable at all til the small fit her better. Yeah, my neighbor has my old sewing machine I sold her. But how exactly do you make the strap shorter? Will it easily be able to be popped back out so it will fit her when she grows?

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I knew the XS was too small, but wasn't sure if it was doable at all til the small fit her better. Yeah, my neighbor has my old sewing machine I sold her. But how exactly do you make the strap shorter? Will it easily be able to be popped back out so it will fit her when she grows?
Depending on how you alter it it should be, just pinch off a portion of strap near the buckle, sew it and then pin it to the side of the strap so you can make it more snug on her, later you can seem rip it out. BUT chances are you will never need all the chest strap those harnesses offer unless Bella plans on turning into a walrus ;)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Technically a needle and thread would work too...I just seem ripped where they had fastened the strap near the buckle, pulled it further through, cut off the excess, and re-sewed it, so nothing gets pulled OUT of where it already is sewn into.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
IMO I'd use the XS until she fully grows into the small. Not sure how she does on a harness, but in the small she would be able to come out of that very easily. She can't grow anymore in the XS, but it still fits okay for now until she grows into the other one. : )

1 - 16 of 16 Posts