Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had Wiz for two weeks now, he is eight weeks old, and have tried putting the harness on him daily, I've used two different types of harnesses and always make sure they fit properly but he HATES them. He scratches at them as if he has fleas and has even weaseled his way out when they weren't tight enough. He also cries and whimpers whenever one of my family members come in while he has it on, making me look like an abusive person. I genuienly feel bad for him and I know he has to wear one, according to local ordinances he has to be on a leash when outside and it's for his own safety as well.

So with all that said, has anyone had a similar problem? How harmful are regular collars? Do you think he will object to that also? Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks!

I went to Petsmart and bought him a collar a Lil' Paws brand collar similar to this:

http://tinyurl.com/8jeyw

and I am absolutely ashamed to say that when the trainer, who had done Wiz's potty training session with me, tried to put his collar on him he tried to bite her :oops: She said, "Wiz...I'm shocked!" as I sighed in exasperation fully expecting the Animal Control van to be outside waiting near my car :roll: .

He's been scratching at it, but not with the same vigor as he did his harness so hopefully this will work. I will definetly look into investing in one of the collar's Cooper posted if this goes well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.