Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
as silly as this sounds my dogs have both... the collar that stays on 24/7 for their tags, and harnesses that i only put on if i am taking them outside. they both hate the collars and harness, but they have less problems keeping the collar on full time. they both are ones to pull on a leash, so i'm afraid to attach it to their collars. harnesses make them itchy tho if you leave it on all the time, and my boy has a tendancy to get stuck up in it while trying to wiggle out. i would suggest not forcing the dog to wear the harness all the time if possible, and rewarding with treats and imediately taking them out when they let you put it on, so that they understand that this has to happen if they want to go out. it took both of mine a long time to decide that this was ok, but sometimes when it comes to their safety, you just have to put your foot down. now if wiz is good and doesn't pull on the leash, you might just scrap the harness idea all together, and just use a collar.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.