Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a full grown 3.6 pound chi. I have to order harnesses on line because that size is non existent in my town. I still have problems finding them that small on line. I had and loved the buddy belt but she chews them, so leather is not an option. If you have a small chi and would like to share the type of harness you use and where you buy it I would appreciate it. I live in US

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
If your dog is chewing the buddy belt, you might try spraying/dabbing some straight lemon juice on it? Dogs really don't like it. There is a 'no chewing' cream that some vets use for use after a spay/abdominal surgery to keep the dogs from licking the incision. Can't think of the name. Did you leave the buddy belt on her during the day? Simple solution to that is to remove the harness when not in use.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If your dog is chewing the buddy belt, you might try spraying/dabbing some straight lemon juice on it? Dogs really don't like it. There is a 'no chewing' cream that some vets use for use after a spay/abdominal surgery to keep the dogs from licking the incision. Can't think of the name. Did you leave the buddy belt on her during the day? Simple solution to that is to remove the harness when not in use.

Yes, She had it on during the day. She has alway wore a harness and has never chewed on it until now. I do not even keep a harness on other chi. I do with her because we have bells on her so she does not get stepped on when she is under our feet. Thank you for the lemon juice idea. Removing the harness is not a problem during the day but thought she may try to continue to chew on it but the lemon juice would take care of that. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
488 Posts
I am a big fan of Lupine products. I use their Roman style harness in the 9-14" size. My dog is right at 4lb, and there is plenty of room to adjust it down smaller. It fits longer down the body than a buddy belt, so that is something to consider. They make a step-in style harness too. Best of all, they are guaranteed even if chewed, just send it back and they will replace it! They come in solid colors and many great woven patterns too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts