Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a harness for Daisy, and a hoodie too for when it's cold. However, she won't let me pull them over her head to put them on, she wriggles far too much.

How can I get her to let me put it on? I've tried praising her and also tried doing it when she's asleep, but it won't work :/

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Get a step in harness. A lot of puppies/dogs don't like things pulled over their heads. The step ins are great and easy.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I like to kneel on the floor with my thighs slightly apart and then put my pup between my legs in that little "v". That way we are down low (no falling) and my legs secure him from the sides and back----I have him facing away from me, so we are both looking the same way. This way I have total control of his movement and can have him sit or stand in front of me to put on the appropriate attire :)

·
Registered
946 Posts
Oh, I really need to add....I stopped using the over the head harnesses. They took too long to put on (mine go to work with me and we need to harness up fast and go out to potty in between my clients). I switched to the scrappy pet harness. All 4 chi's love them! We take a lot of walks and these don't put pressure on the neck where most of the others did---even though it was lower on the neck, I still wasn't thrilled. :):)

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
The way I got Angel to let me put sweaters on him was to put a treat in my hand and put my hand throught the neck opening. Once I had it over his head he wasn't too bad with letting me put his feet through.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thankyou everyone :) I'm going to look for a step-in harness now, hopefully that'll made it easier :)
Thanks for that link jesuschick, i love their stuff, but does anyone have any good uk sites they could recommend? :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts