Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm reading through old threads about harnesses like puppia, ezydogs, etc...

are these any different than the soft harnesses found at petsmart or petco? I know the ezydogs has the seatbelt feature, but other than that?

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
I really like Puppia step in and they are made extremely well.
Sometimes Tabitha is in between sizes with Puppia so she wears this one.
this is a PetCo Harness. It has lasted very well :)

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Yes Park Ave harnesses are the best. I have tried many brands and those are the only ones Bailey likes. I have the one that clips on, it's easy and quick!!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
If it is your first harness, I recommend a step in one. That model fits nicely over clothing.
In colder weather when Chanel wears sweaters I use step ins. But in summer I like Puppia.
In my opinion it's worth it to get one good quality harness, instead of 5 low quality ones.
Puppia is by far a favorite, they don't irritate the skin, don't pull on the hair or fur, and they
are washable.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes Park Ave harnesses are the best. I have tried many brands and those are the only ones Bailey likes. I have the one that clips on, it's easy and quick!!
i will have to look on their website for the clip on...clip on sounds awesome and EASY!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I love them. I use the snap version. They look like this (on my model, Ruby):

Note that the snaps are the size of dimes/plain M&M's. I also get the fully adjustable option. Grows nicely with them.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
I like the ipuppyones better than the Petco harnesses. The neck is adjustable and it is just better quality for less $. I buy mine here:

pupincloset.com

I prefer the vest style, but the over the head style is great as well.

·
Registered
580 Posts
If you don't know the size, get a step in adjustable one. I bought a Louisdog step-in harness, but I don't have my puppy to test it out on yet, but it is fully adjustable and looks really cute with a bow on the leash :)

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Once your dog is grown, I like the Chokefree shoulder harness. They are expensive but made of leather so they last. They are very soft leather and are really easy to put on. They are not able to be adjusted much so not good for a growing puppy. Their website is chokefree.com. Sorry I don't have a picture but you can see it there. This is what I use for Charlie and I normally put it under his sweater.

For Taz who is still a growing puppy, I have a figure 8 harness by Li'l Pals which is actually designed for a kitten. It was the only harness I could find that fit when I first got her and it is adjustable. I will use it until she grows out of it or reaches her adult size and then I will buy her one of the chokefree shoulder harnesses.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts