Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to start a thread for harnesses. There are a few of us that have had a hard time finding the perfect one. Please share you likes/dislikes and pictures here :) (if you would not mind) Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had Chloe in a kitten harness for a while now because I could not find ANYTHING that fit her. I ordered 2 different styles off of GW little, Both S.L. harness. One was a step in and one called tinkie. The step in did not work for Chloe, there was a "bulge" in the chest. The velcro one seem to fit ok, but small. I called and ordered a bigger size, still waiting for it to come. In the meantime, you guys introduced me to park avenue harnesses. I just ordered one! I will see what one fits chloe the best. I am secretly hoping they both do! ..LOL
here is the park ave one...
Designer dog harness, small dog harness, dog walking harness. - Alice 1!
and the S.L. one
Small Dog Harness - Susan Lanci's Tinkie's Garden Tinkie

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
Bg can pull her leg out of the Ipuppyone (no matter how much I adjust it) and the Puppia Vest Harness. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I got a couple of harnesses for Rocky.

I got 2 Puppias. I like the brown one better because the black one streched out a little. I think Puppias are too hot for the summer though.

I also made one myself which I really like.

And I got 2 Red Dingo harnesses. They are really nice but I find the back strap a little short. But thats really the only thing I would change on it, otherwise its a brilliant harness.

And I also bought a Rogz Alpinist harness for Rocky, which unfortunately came in the wrong colour :(. I have heard a lot of good things about it though. It's really nice and soft and the back strap has a good length.

I generally like the normal H-harnesses best and would always chose them over Puppias or other ones.

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
This is really useful for me, as I make harnesses, but I don't really use them on my dogs. I make figure H, figure X and step-in ones. I recommend the step-in for puppies as it is the most adjustable, but Im always asked which are best for dogs that pull. Mine have X harnesses, just because they are the cheapest/easiest to make! They don't pull, even in collars, so I have no idea.
I make all the straps on mine adjustable, I don't know why commercial ones aren't made this way, it isn't difficult or much more expensive to do.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have a cheapo Walmart step-in that's a little on the big size for my dog but I've always liked step-in harnesses because they fit my dog better than most harnesses even if it's not perfect. Only problem is if you grab the harness and lift upwards the dog will slide backward out of the thing LOL so if you use harnesses to lift the step-in is a poor choice.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Puppia original mesh harness (perfect for summer, very light)

Puppia vest harness

Puppia vest harness thicker fabric (great for colder months)

Park Avenue adjustable harness (comes with choice of style, buckle and girth size)

These are my favorite harness types. Also I wanted to mention that yes
Puppia harnesses no matter the style do stretch with wear, but they regain
shape after a machine wash and dry, and with care last several years.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I'm about to order a Park Avenue harness for Gemma right now, but I can't decide between one of the interchangeable bows harnesses that come with three bows that you can snap on and off or a patterned harness with an added white flower pin. Decisions!

I like the interchangeable bows ones the most, but I'm worried the bows might freak her out if they're really big. :p

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Audrey Lyn currently has 2 harnesses, one is a step in (from petsmart) and I do not like it and I have only used it like 3 times and I've had it about 6 months. I don't care for step ins for small dogs.
She also has a cat harness H style that is light pink with reflective silver hearts (also from petsmart) that I got on clearance for less than 3 bucks. I do use that one.
Sophia has a purple H style one that is also made for cats and is from petsmart too.
I am going to order each girl a Park Avenue harness and matching lead. One dog at a time and see how I like them. I love the look and the fact that they do not pull on the neck of the dog.
There is nowhere here good to buy a harness. Petsmart has the biggest variety and even their smallest dog harnesses made for "teacup" breeds as they call it *rolls eyes*, do not fit my dogs. So I have to get cat harnesses.
And since I walk my dogs daily and audrey is a service dog, harness are a must.
I will add that anyone looking for a harness for a larger breed, I bought my shar-pei a kong brand collar, harness, and lead set from petsmart. I am VERY pleased with these products. They are sturdy and good quality.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm about to order a Park Avenue harness for Gemma right now, but I can't decide between one of the interchangeable bows harnesses that come with three bows that you can snap on and off or a patterned harness with an added white flower pin. Decisions!

I like the interchangeable bows ones the most, but I'm worried the bows might freak her out if they're really big. :p
I got one with put the bow for now. I wanted to make sure it was a good fit for Chloe. I want the black and pink one!

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I just bought this one for Gemma:

Designer dog harness, small dog harness, dog walking harness. - Interchange-a-Bow Harness Pink!

I really like the interchangeable bow idea. Just buy another bow when you want to refresh the look of the harness or change it for the specific season/holiday. There's quite a selection of separately sold bows to choose from. Since the shipping is free, I'll just order some more once I tire of these three. And I'm sure she'll come out with new bows or make custom bows on request. She seems really great about making customized things.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Everything on the site is free shipping to anywhere. Don't know if it's a limited time offer or if it's always like that, but it's awesome!

1 - 20 of 101 Posts