1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Maybe I can grab it when he's not looking

Please Harry, can I have some?

This is much better. Now I don't have to pluck it first, and Mummy
said it wasn't nice of me to eat our feathered friends.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Wow!!

Did his kitty friend catch it for him? I'm glad you gave him a good substitute for the freshly caught birdy!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Elle that's amazing I know you said your cats are all raw but wow!! Bles Harry though he knows a good diet lol

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow!!

Did his kitty friend catch it for him? I'm glad you gave him a good substitute for the freshly caught birdy!
Yes, Phoebe caught it and gave it to him. It's actually very rare for my cats to kill birds, as they have plenty of rabbits, squirrels, mice etc. and cats will always go for fur before feathers. (In the wild, it's less time to eat and worry about another predator stealing it.)

Elle that's amazing I know you said your cats are all raw but wow!! Bles Harry though he knows a good diet lol
Yep, clever little doggy! :D As you know, I'd been wondering when to start him on it... well, he made the decision himself, LOL! Just as well, 'cos the Orijen I got him just really upsets his tummy if he has more than only about 6 pieces of it in a day. He just couldn't seem to get used to any more than that. I had to stick with the Royal Canin for the kibble. On the other hand, raw chicken wings haven't upset him at ALL! :) (Will move VERY slowly onto adding organs etc. at some point!)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Harry is a wolf in Chi clothing. :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Definately a better choice as birds can carry roundworms.
Also rabbits can too and tapeworms.

Yes, all wild prey should be thoroughly frozen for at least a month before feeding or your dog can pick up parasites, both internal and external (fleas, ticks, mites, worms).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts