Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Harry took the centre of attention away from the bride, for a while, when I took him in to my niece's wedding reception!

My niece had her wedding marquee in her Dad's (my big bro's) garden, which is conveniently just a couple of doors away from where Harry and I were staying with my Mum. That meant that I was able to pop back to pick up Harry and take him along to the reception for a while (with my niece's approval, of course! :))

A lot of the guests knew he was close by and had asked to see him, and I thought it would add to his socialization. He really loved all the attention and fuss he got, and he's really confident with meeting new people now. And it always amuses me when you get the really big, macho guys oohing and ahhing over such a tiny doglet. And he was sooo tiny among all those people, that I hardly put him down at all. (Just as well, actually, given how often he's trying to mark things lately! :eek:) And he definitely didn't like it when the loud music started, so I walked him back to the peace and quiet of his bed then (and then went back to enjoy myself, of course! :D )

Some of those guests had flown in from Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Jamaica and the States, so Harry got a rapid introduction to multi-cultural Chihuahua appreciation, LOL!

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Aww glad he did well with all those people.
I bet he did love all that attention.
Most people do love these wee ones, even the people who say they prefer bigger dogs come round when they actually meet them and see how adorable they are. lol x

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Sounds like a lovely wedding and reception.. and I'm sure Harry was the most adorable attendee..:D

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aww glad he did well with all those people.
I bet he did love all that attention.
Most people do love these wee ones, even the people who say they prefer bigger dogs come round when they actually meet them and see how adorable they are. lol x
I think you're right... I am amazed at the number of men who say "I've never seen a dog that small before." They just haven't been looking, I think, LOL!

Sounds like a lovely wedding and reception.. and I'm sure Harry was the most adorable attendee..:D
Oh, of course he was! ;)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds fantastic!! Bless Harry marking everything he needs a belly band a nice macho one
I think you might be right Sarah. Since he 'learned' to cock his leg (how do they learn that?!) he's been 'practising' the art indoors on the cat tunnels, as well as my Mum's bed when I was visiting her! It did come in handy when we stopped off at the motorway services though... just had to find a convenient bollard, LOL!

Sounds like you had a great time! I bet Harry loved all the attention
Yes, he adores being the centre of attention. Though he can get a bit over-excited and wriggly though :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts