Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a piccy I took earlier this evening of Harry showing off his new coat colour. His tail is not showing here, but it's still black.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
So pretty - He's such a lovely rich colour!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the lovely comments about Harry's new colouring! I'm not sure if this will be his final coat now, or if it will change again yet.

Beautiful colouring,so red
Yes, I'm pleased he seems to have got his Dam's coat colour genes rather than his Sire's.

So pretty - He's such a lovely rich colour!
I swear he knows it too. He's been really showing off lately when he's been out and about :)

Gorgeous colouring!
Well I have to confess I'm rather biased... they say dogs look like their owners and he just happens to match his Mummy's 'fur' now, too (i.e. mine, LOL! )

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
He's stunning elle I'd like one of his face too though!! He's lovely these lcs confuse me I'm trying to work out what colour lotus will be

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He's stunning elle I'd like one of his face too though!! He's lovely these lcs confuse me I'm trying to work out what colour lotus will be
Here's one of just his face, Sarah. It's a slightly awkward angle, but you can see how he's lost most of his dark mask and also the sabling on his head.

Well, I've already thought from seeing the pics of Lotus, that she looks a similar colour to Harry when he was her age. It wouldn't surprise me if she turns out to be red, or red sable too. Genetics is a fascinating subject, and these little LCs do seem to change so much. Harry looked liked a plain very dark grey when he was born, then he was very multi-coloured, and now he's different again. Almost feels like a lucky dip doesn't it, LOL? I think the parents are probably the best pointer, although previous generations pop up here and there, too, don't they? Harry's Dam is a rich red, and her Sire is a tricolour; although Harry's own Sire is basic fawn.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Here's one of just his face, Sarah. It's a slightly awkward angle, but you can see how he's lost most of his dark mask and also the sabling on his head.

Well, I've already thought from seeing the pics of Lotus, that she looks a similar colour to Harry when he was her age. It wouldn't surprise me if she turns out to be red, or red sable too. Genetics is a fascinating subject, and these little LCs do seem to change so much. Harry looked liked a plain very dark grey when he was born, then he was very multi-coloured, and now he's different again. Almost feels like a lucky dip doesn't it, LOL? I think the parents are probably the best pointer, although previous generations pop up here and there, too, don't they? Harry's Dam is a rich red, and her Sire is a tricolour; although Harry's own Sire is basic fawn.
Lotus breeder told us all about her lines :) her mum is a blue fawn literally her top layer of fur is blue sire is cream grandsire is blue and White great grandsire is cchocy red I think. I think shell favour mum just a bit lighter as she's v fair on her body now and blue on her head and tail!!! Long coats are confusing daisy is changing colour again at 10 months!!!
Harry looks like his mum

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
He is gorgeous :)

Poppy did a similar change from a fawn sable, with lots of black as a puppy to red - she was fully red just like Harry until about a month ago and just now she is developing a streak of black just where her collar is on her back - she's almost 11 months - everchanging :) mind I'd say with both of them the red is here to stay !!.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Oh, he's really pretty. Love the rich, red coloring. Maya is red but with a lot of cream. I love the red.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He is a handsome boy with his new red coat now he matches Cali =)
Yes, they do seem to look quite similar, LOL!

He looks like yummy caramel!! :3
Lucky I come from a culture where I wouldn't consider eating him then! ;)

Such a handsome chi :)
:) Thank you

Awww he is gorgeous!
I think so! :)

nawww he is growing up so lovely :)
Thank you :)

I love red! He looks like a wee fox :)
But prettier, and with a much shorter muzzle! ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts