Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Zoey cries so loud wheN I leave for work I can hear her when I'm outside! So anyways today when I got home I noticed her voice was gone so I made sure she got lots of water! Then when she got excited she would have a harsh cough! I keep giving her water but the cough sounds so painful! What should I do?:confused: ps she is 8 weeks 4 day old..Oh and I confine her to the bathroom area when I leave.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Have u had her checked for kennel cough? When i first got freeda she had kennel cough, she was just a puppy the vet gave her meds for it and she also had an infection from it so they gave her antibiotics. It went away after she got treated for it. Or maybe it's just a cough, my mother n laws chi had a regular cough, but they still gave him cough meds for it, the vet also told her that in the future she may use robatusin (the one with out alcohol) but he wasnt a puppy and i wouldnt know the dosage. I would probably get mine checked out thow by a vet, good luck hope ur baby gets better.

·
Registered
688 Posts
when i first got freeda she was fine , it didnt develop till 1 week or 2 after, the vet told us that is cause it lies in there body till its full blown kennel cough. But then again like i said my mother n laws chi had a horrible cough and it wasnt kennel cough, was just some sort of cold/cough, they mainly gave him cough meds 2 help the cough and ease the irritation till it went away. Also one of our other chis way bk got kennel cough from a shot for bordatella, but they mainly gave us cough meds, it was some sort of hydrocodone cough syrup.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She stopped the coughing today but still has no voice lol! She tries to growl or bark and it squeaks! Lol

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
That's exactly what my Mastiffs were like when the dog catcher picked them up, I followed immediately to the pound - they were there all of 15 minutes & got a dose of Kennel Cough (despite the fact they were immunised against it but that only covers a few of the many strains) and around $300 at the Vet's later they were finally ok!

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
A young healthy dog should not have a cough....sounds like somethign may be wrong...kennel cough possibly

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I agree 100% with Rubia. Time to go to the vet and see about this. Little pups go downhill rapidly, I wouldn't wait. Coughing and losing her voice is not normal. (Even if she did cry alot).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts